Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
srgyork

Need Help With Knocking Out My Oil Problem!

Hey there!

I have been on my own regimen now for almost a year and its working great so far, reduced my acne! But now i have noticed that my face is getting super oily!

Basically my regimen is this; Started back on zinc 25 mg a day, and now taking Vitamin D (in the form of D3), my eating habits are really good; No dairy, lots of fruits and veggies, water, and loading up on Vit A, E, and C, less red meat, No meat fats, and no pork.

Face i just wash with warm water in the morning and evening, place BP on visible acne no were else, and apply Cetaphil moisturizer at night.

Acne is loosing the fight, but oil is winning, i was just wondering if anyone out there has any tips to help combat this problem? i know i can get face pads, but i was looking for something more long term, like maybe something i can add to my diet/regimen that will eventually knock out my oil problem?

Or is this something i will have to learn to live with?

Thanks!

Some people have reported success with Vitamin B5 or Zinc. But in my experience, it's just something you learn to live with. =P

Edit: Oh by the way, there is a dedicated Oily Skin forum. They might be more helpful over there xD

Edited by tritonxiv

ive tried zinc and B5 and it didnt help. so i went on tane. Accutane shrinks oil glands.

But i wouldnt recommend since u dont have severe acne. some derms will probably prescribe it tho

I suffered from Oily Skin when I was 13. It lasted a couple of weeks, but what seemed to help was drinking water. I didn't take any medication at the time and seemed to work great!

I used to have REALLY oily skin. It was so embarrassing. Once I started using the Olay Spin Brush my oil issues stopped....I don't even have to blot my face half way through the day like I use to. And it would be really easy to incorporate into your regimen. Since you don't use a cleanser you could just run the brush over your face. The bristles are super gentle, too. I was worried about that because I have pretty sensitive skin.

Good luck.