Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Inf3rn0_44

Why Did Doxycycline Hyclate Work For Me? How Can I Recreate The Results, Naturally?

Guest Inf3rn0_44

I had acne since I was 10 or even a few years younger to this current day (17 years old). Now I had perfectly clear skin before then a specific time. I believe around that time I got Amalgum fillings and now thinking back, it really seems to be the main reason for my acne to start so soon. Now I want to know having tried a prescription treatment of Doxycycline Hyclate and seeing the effects fully work to totally clear skin. My question is, why did it work? Could I recreate these results? It worked very very well and this should say something about what my body has a problem with. (I stopped since I didn't want to be dependent on Anti-Biotics and the crazy bad stomach aches) (but seeing my skin get bad and remain that way is extremely discouraging.)

Edited by Inf3rn0_44

If you're trying to recreate the results of a pharmaceutical grade drug, you're thinking about it all wrong. Yeah, you can get clear skin but it's not a matter of recreation by any means. It's a whole new approach.

Guest Inf3rn0_44

Alright I understand that, but that doesn't answer my question. I do eat healthy and with supplements I have seen my oil levels calm down. I consider my diet to be healthy due to being totally organic with vegetables everyday. Low carbs and sugars, yes even cut out some fruits. Supplements of Spirulina and Garlic+ Parsley daily along with kefir and yogurt everyday. I have a totally custom built sauna that I use weekly. But after I eat I get tired and lack energy... I get loads of Brain fog and lack of concentration... I wake up tired and sick... I have a white tongue and with persistent morning sore throats... Why am I feeling like total sh*t more and even while being on the recommended diets?

The Antibiotic I was taking, that helped cure my acne was made to kill of bacterial infection. So is my immune system working poorly? I have no idea, but I think someone else here can put together my symptoms better than I can to help me find the root cause of it. That way I don't need to completely destroy my diet, and figure out the real reason why I have acne and my other symptoms.

Hi Inf3rn0,

Doxycycline works by killing p. acnes bacteria. P. acnes are actually normal bacteria that's found on everyone's skin. The reason they cause acne is that they get trapped in clogged pores which are overproducing sebum. The bacteria thrives in this environment and will overgrow their normal population. This causes your body to have an inflammatory reaction, resulting in pimples. Doxycycline works to by attacking one aspect of your acne. The other aspect is the nature of your skin cells, which for one reason or another, do not turnover enough, causing clogged pores.

My dermatologist got me on a regimen of doxycycline, benzaclin, and tretinoin. Tretinoin is sold under retin-a as well and works by encouraging cell turnover, essentially thinning out your skin. The problem with tretinoin is that it typically causes an initial breakout because all the plugs are purging to the surface. By taking doxycycline and benzaclin (essentially benzoyl peroxide), this will minimize the IB. After about 3-6 months, the derm typically weans you off of the doxycycline, down to once a day or once every other day. You should be able to stay relatively acne-free just by using benzclin and tretinoin. This regimen seems like it would work for you from what you've described. Go see a dermatologist.

Bottom line: doxycycline is not something you'll be able to take for an extended period of time even if it works because it selects for growth of antibiotic-resistant strains of bacteria, which is a very bad thing. It makes you vulnerable to infections, pneumonia, yeast and also in the future won't work if you for some reason need to take it.