Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

***vegetables*** :)

Sooo, for all you health nuts (in a good way)eusa_angel.gif

Would frozen vegetables be considered alkaline or acidic?

I'M WELL AWARE THAT FRESH IS ALWAYS BETTER.

But many sites list them as acidic for some reason?

What gives?

I know there is a progressive loss of nutrients, but they're

still veggies right?

As long as I eat frozen veggies WITHOUT preservatives and salt,

shouldn't everything be pretty good?

Or is life just not that simple?wacko.png

And don't say something like "Well, frozen is better than none at all."dry.png

Actually, flash frozen vegetables are much fresher than the veggies sitting in the produce section. Because, it's frozen right when it is picked, it doesn't lose any of it's nutrients. Vegetables can slowly degenerate and lose some of it's nutrients the more it sits out after it's been plucked. The sooner you eat it after it is picked of it's vine or whatever, the healthier it is. So, frozen vegetables are way better in my opinion.

Actually, flash frozen vegetables are much fresher than the veggies sitting in the produce section. Because, it's frozen right when it is picked, it doesn't lose any of it's nutrients. Vegetables can slowly degenerate and lose some of it's nutrients the more it sits out after it's been plucked. The sooner you eat it after it is picked of it's vine or whatever, the healthier it is. So, frozen vegetables are way better in my opinion.

This is true. And unless they're using chemical means to freeze the vegetables (liquid nitrogen or something similar) it shouldn't affect the food really.

Stop worrying about little insignificant things and focus on the bigger picture. The more veggies the better.

If I told you that whole wheat bread covered in milk chocolate and sugar is more alkaline than frozen vegetables, would you still eat the former? Hopefully not.

This is true. And unless they're using chemical means to freeze the vegetables (liquid nitrogen or something similar) it shouldn't affect the food really.

Stop worrying about little insignificant things and focus on the bigger picture. The more veggies the better.

If I told you that whole wheat bread covered in milk chocolate and sugar is more alkaline than frozen vegetables, would you still eat the former? Hopefully not.

I agree. Don't focus on the non important details. Veggies are good (try to opt for organic). I use frozen organic veggies all the time when I can't get them fresh. I never used canned. Like Chunk said, More the veggies the better!

I find that frozen veggies and fruits are often cheaper too. an 8 ounce bag of frozen blueberries at my co-op is about $3, but fresh blueberries are around $8 for the same amount. Spinach too, which is about $1.50 compared to $4 for the same amount.

Thanks for all the responses, and I'm sure you're right Chunk! But to answer your question; in a perfect world, I would eat nothing BUT whole wheat bread covered in chocolate milk and sugar! Throw in a side of sugary cereal and biscuits smothered in butter and honey.. Mmmmeusa_dance.gif

But in all seriousness, thank you.