Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blooper111

Blood Test Results

So, got my back my blood test results that i took in order to get accutane. so i was wondering what your opinions are?

i actually got back two undesirable results

- my cholesterol is slightly low (137) normal range is 150-200

- and my liver panel the only thing that came back slightly weird is my Albumin levels (5.2) normal range is 3.5-4.8

although, i looked it up online and it said in almost all cases high albumin levels area a result of dehydration, and i dont think i had been drinking enouhg water lately.

so you guys think i will still be able to get prescribed accutane with these results?

also like ot add i eat two hard boiled eggs every morning. and saw that albumin is found in egg whites

I'm not sure about the albumin.

My cholesterol is always low , 120's or so, and my derm didn't really care. He said he'd prefer it be low than high. You didn't post your cholesterol ratio so hopefully that is decent.

Good luck:)

So, got my back my blood test results that i took in order to get accutane. so i was wondering what your opinions are?

i actually got back two undesirable results

- my cholesterol is slightly low (137) normal range is 150-200

- and my liver panel the only thing that came back slightly weird is my Albumin levels (5.2) normal range is 3.5-4.8

although, i looked it up online and it said in almost all cases high albumin levels area a result of dehydration, and i dont think i had been drinking enouhg water lately.

so you guys think i will still be able to get prescribed accutane with these results?

also like ot add i eat two hard boiled eggs every morning. and saw that albumin is found in egg whites

Dehydration causes albumin to be high, and its a non issue. And dont worry, eating eggs wont cause your albumin to be high.

thanks. also if anyone else can answer this i just got my prescription and all.

and i looked down and my doctor put me on 40mg? isnt that a little too high? i mean, my acne is nowhere near severe just very persistant and antibiotics haven't done the trick?

don't most people start at 20mg or lower?

thanks. also if anyone else can answer this i just got my prescription and all.

and i looked down and my doctor put me on 40mg? isnt that a little too high? i mean, my acne is nowhere near severe just very persistant and antibiotics haven't done the trick?

don't most people start at 20mg or lower?

40 mg start isn't uncommon, it's where I started and where tons of other people do. Some people even start at 60 (and occasionally 80), so don't worry about it.