Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lady1983

Best Treatment For Box Car Scar?

I have about two boxcar scars. they are not too deep. They look liike little pieces of skin indented with rough edges but thin and on the cheeks. What is the best treatment for this? I did an excision to a pockmark, and he suggests this for them, but i dont want lines all over my face. Can't a chemcial peel take care of these since they arent deep? Any side effects to chemcial peel, laser or dermbrasion for lighter surface areas?

I just recently was reading about saline injections with a DR in CA and they said the type of scars they're most effective for is boxcars..........which is exciting to me cause thats what I have too.

Everyone knows TCA works well for icepicks and subcision for rolling but this seems to be one that is really good for boxscars. They're are some people on here who have done it themselves too.

I just recently was reading about saline injections with a DR in CA and they said the type of scars they're most effective for is boxcars..........which is exciting to me cause thats what I have too.

Everyone knows TCA works well for icepicks and subcision for rolling but this seems to be one that is really good for boxscars. They're are some people on here who have done it themselves too.

I m not really sure if saline injections are best for box scar, what I heard was different. I thought that procedure is best for rolling scars that are not bound with tissue under the skin, and does not work well with scars that are bound with tissue under the skin such as deep rolling scar, which you can still see the scars when you pull the skin, or boxscars.

only laser resurfacing can help. chemical peels will probably help if done at higher strengths, but not worth the risk.

try at-home derma rolling/skin needling. only $5-25. i just ordered one, and ill be posting my improvements (if any).

That is definitely not true that only lasers can help.

Derma stamping is good, look up the successful posts on here by those who have done it.

Also, no that's not true about the saline injections, you can call Dr Sire (the one who pioneered saline injections) at the office in CA and verify this, I'm sure they'll tell you it is most effective for boxcar type of scarring.

I have had a lot of acne scar treatments. Co2 ablative laser, where i got a brown spot on my cheek bone and darker skin tone, pixel laser which made matters worse because it made me break out really bad, subcision and filler which works a little with texture and smoothness but it made my bigger ice pick scars a lot bigger. just wondering if anyone has had punch excision done. My doctor said he doesnt recommend it for me but i am desperate! I have pictures but i don't know how to load them on here. thanks!