Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sunbasque2120

Newbie Here, My Experience With Tazornac .05 Gel

This is my very first time posting here. A little background on me is that I have always had pretty good, clear skin. It's very oily & I do have those tiny blackheads on my nose. But, other than that I have never had any problems with my skin other than a hormonal break out a few years ago as a result from switching birth control. I just turned 30 in March & I noticed that my skin has just stopped behaving. Lately I have been experiencing small breakouts of tiny acne bumps on the left side of my face. I tried several OTC products & even purchased a Clarisonic Mia in the hopes that it would deep clean & help clear it up. Nothing worked so I finally went to the dermatologist and she said it was a mild case of adult acne & prescribed me Tazorac .05 gel. I told her that I had a bad experience with Retin A Micro before & was nervous to try a product that is even stronger than that. She told me that this would be the fastest way to clear it up & if I follow her instructions that I shouldn't have any problems. I was really apprehensive about using it because I looked up reviews on it & saw how people were having strong reactions to it like peeling, purging & irritation. Plus I work in the beauty industry & my face is what helps to sell products at my job. So I continued with my OTC products & then finally realized that they were just not helping & I was starting to break out even more. So I finally gave in & opened my sample of the Taz about 4 nights ago. My routine is that I wash my face with my Philosophy Purity Made Simple cleanser, apply my Cetaphil lotion & let it soak in for 15-20 mins & then apply the Taz in a thin layer just on the left side of my face where the break out is. I decided to only use it on one side of my face so that if I did have a bad reaction, at least it would be contained to only the one side. The only thing I experience is mild tingling which disappears after a couple of minutes. The first 2 days I saw no difference, after the end of the 3rd day I noticed that the amount of the small pimples were starting to lesson & it did bring up/purge 2 large white heads. But, I haven't had any burning, itching, peeling or severe purging. If I continue to have good results with this I will move on to using it on my entire face to clear up a few pimples, fade old acne marks & hopefully reduce the blackheads on my nose. I do miss using my Clarisonic though, but I know using that while being treated with a retin a treatment would destroy my skin. So I have to put it away out of sight until I'm done with this treatment so I'm not tempted to use it.

I do have a question for those who are experienced with Taz though. Am I supposed to peel at some point in order for the acne scars to fade? Or is that not necessary for it to work? Also any tips or advice that experienced Taz/Retin A users want to share would be greatly appreciated!