Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheBMRR

Have Any Of You With Acne Ever Experienced This?

Hello,

I have had acne since I was 12 and I am now 22. It has never been terribly bad and is mostly just white heads or zits, therefore I have never been to a dermatologist. I have never been able to resist the temptation to pick and pop, but luckily I have had no major issues with any permanent scarring. Well, that seems to be changing. I do not even know if this is related to my acne or if it is something worse, but I figured I would start here.

A couple months ago I woke up and noticed a very light brown mark smack dab in the center of my forehead about the size of a nickel. Over the next few days the mark got darker and the outer skin began to dry up. Around this time I was able to squeeze some fluid out of the problem area that looked like the blood/puss stuff that I sometimes squeeze out of my zits. Eventually the dead outer layer of skin peeled all the way off and the area healed within about a week. Well, today I woke up and noticed the same type of spot on my forehead, but this time in a different location. I assume that it will end up going through the same phases as the old one as it has already turned darker.

Any ideas as to if this is related to my acne and picking my face, or if it is something completely different?

Thanks.

Edited by TheBMRR

I think the only person who can diagnose you when it comes to something like this is a dermatologist - I'd fetch a referral from your GP and go and see one if you can. It might be completely unrelated to your acne. The last thing you'd want to do, though, is pick/scratch at marks like that.

I'm your age and have had acne since 11; I didn't start scarring until my late teens from picking/squeezing.

I thought about it being a bruise but I do not understand why I would just randomly wake up with one. I do not sleep walk or anything. Here are a couple pictures. The first one is from yesterday and the second from today. As you can see the outer layer of skin has started to dry up and it is craking because obviously the skin on my forehead flexes a lot.

post-163071-0-62802800-1322611823_thumb.

post-163071-0-37301000-1322611830_thumb.

post-163071-0-62802800-1322611823_thumb.

post-163071-0-37301000-1322611830_thumb.

Edited by TheBMRR