Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jennyhugh

Herbal And Home Remedies For Oily Skin

Oily skin generally appears shiny, has rough pores and is prone to pimples, blackheads and blemishes.

Oily skin requires regular cleansing with warm water to reduce the clogging of skin pores. Oil-free moisturizers should be used to avoid the skin from appearing shiny /sticky. Face wash should be limited to twice or thrice a day, as excess washing stimulates excess production of oil by the skin.

A few home remedies and herbs that help in oily skin are described herein:

1. Apply a mixture of half a teaspoon of limejuice and cucumber juice atleast 30 minutes before bath.

2. Mud/clay mask is best suited for oily skin types. One teaspoon of clay powder (green) and a teaspoon of raw honey should be blended well, and the mixture can be applied on the face and left for fifteen minutes before rinsing with lukewarm water. This is safe enough to be repeated at least thrice a week.

3. Applying dilute lemon juice (equal portions of juice and water) and rinsing it with lukewarm water and then again with cool water is also good enough for oily skin.

4. Aloe vera gel has good healing properties and can be applied as and when needed. Similarly, lavender is also proven to be good for oily skin and can be used several times a day.

Edited by jennyhugh

Face wash should be limited to twice or thrice a day, as excess washing stimulates excess production of oil by the skin.

Nope. Washing the skin (excess or otherwise) has no effect on how much oil (sebum) it causes the skin to produce. That was proved more than 50 years ago by the most famous name in the history of dermatology: Albert M. Kligman MD, PhD, and has also been demonstrated since then by others. The idea that washing the skin stimulates it to produce more oil is known as the "feedback theory", and is something I've talked about quite a bit over the years. In fact, it's something that just a couple of days ago, I promised a site moderator here that I'd start posting links to some of the previous discussions on that issue I've started in the past, just so beginners can see the medical references to it. Unfortunately, the links to those threads no longer seem to work, so I guess you'll have to take my word for what I just got through telling you.

Mr. bryan thank you so much for your inputs..

I'll surely keep that in mind.

And want to thanks to you too Natasha...I am going to try your tip..hope it works on me as well :)