Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Plex

Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

Hi, I began using the Regimen yesterday and am using Clean and Clear Foaming Facial cleanser(sensitive skin) as my cleanser, Neutrogena On the Spot as 2.5 BP and Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion as my Moisturizer. I've noticed after applying the lotion my skin gets shiny, I'm not sure if it's the lotion or if it's oil. Is this normal? Is it ok to use the oil absorbing pads or what? Thank you.

Don't worry, it's normal :) Mine would get that way too.

I use the lotion sometimes, but mostly I use the moisturizing cream. It makes my skin softer with less shine. I don't think you need to use the oil absorbing pads...I've learned with skin, (or at least mine, haha,) it's better to just do as little as possible to mess with it.

So I should buy this cream to use as my moisturizer? I don't want to go to work with my face all oily like that, because it usually isn't like that.

Personally, my skin was fine when using the Clean and Clear oil blotting sheets. I just used a lot of them because they're so small and my face was really oily. Aside from oil blotting sheets, there are other things you can use. A brown paper bag, the paper towels from the rolls in public restrooms, and even the toilet seat covers in public restrooms (haha, sounds gross, but my grandma told me about that and it actually works really well! Although, I'd make sure to pull the first seat cover out and use the one behind it. eusa_sick.gif). My favorites are the brown/white paper towels and toilet seat covers in public restrooms, because the seat covers will cover your whole face and you can pull out a paper towel to a size that will cover your whole face. That way you're only pressing it against your entire face once unlike the blotting sheets. Plus, they're both free and pretty much available in every place with a public restroom.

So I should buy this cream to use as my moisturizer? I don't want to go to work with my face all oily like that, because it usually isn't like that.

That's what I do. Just be careful not to use too much, and you'll be fine. I just use about as much as my pinkie nail, haha, and it works very well. A little goes a long way with this stuff. :)