Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ikneedhelp

Red Spots...is This Acne Or An Allergic Reaction? - Picture!

I've had minimal acne problems until about 5 weeks ago, so then I started using a daily cleanser (used once in morning, once at night) and a gentle cleansing scrub once every 2 - 3 days.

But then about 2 weeks after, I started developing red spots as you can see in the picture. It's not really pimples, it literally is just red spots. I thought it would grow into pimples but it's been 3 weeks and nothing. It has however spread a little bit more over my face.

I was wondering if this is going to turn into pimples or if it's like maybe an allergic reaction with my cleansers? Or if anyone has experienced this and how do I get rid of it.

One more thing, the area with the red spots does get dry and flakey when I get out of the shower...I think that's dead skin but I'm not sure...

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

post-163009-0-51327900-1322367268_thumb.

post-163009-0-51327900-1322367268_thumb.

more inflammed acne than bacterial. Id ease up on cleansing and scrubbing, especially scrubbing as it takes more essential oils away from the face causing inflammation on your cheeks. once a week scrub sounds best and of course daily cleans 1-2 times a day. You need to restore fat acids to your skin, emu oil does a great job with this.

more inflammed acne than bacterial. Id ease up on cleansing and scrubbing, especially scrubbing as it takes more essential oils away from the face causing inflammation on your cheeks. once a week scrub sounds best and of course daily cleans 1-2 times a day. You need to restore fat acids to your skin, emu oil does a great job with this.

I understand that you are trying to help other people. Just so you know bacterial acne can be inflamed.

For the OP, those look like hyperpigmentation marks, that's about it, can take anywhere between 3 weeks to a year to heal depending on how your skin usually acts.

Guest Timehealsall

hmm, you said flaking eh?

Can you show me a photo of this? I might know what you have!

It hasn't been really that flaking since I've stopped using the gentle cleansing scrub. But it was basically a small white flakey looking skin around each red spot.