Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xaler

Cystic Acne Breakout In Winter?

so i've realized for 2 years in a row now that i get acne breakouts, and cystic acne during winter. I never get cystic acne ever except only in winter time. During most of the year from spring to summer and beginning of august my skin was fairly clear with only 1 or 2 pimples. But i always get break outs during winter. I know this has something to do with the amount of moisture in ur skin, but i wanna know how to avoid, treat, or possible get rid of it.

I too have the same problem. If you look at the images in my gallery, I had the worse outbreak ever last October. That episode didn't clear until March this year when I turned 38. As it's only just starting to get cold here in the UK and the heating at work and home is being switched on, I can see the signs of cysts starting to appear again along my jawline :-(

Tried the moisturisation with non-comedegenic products to combat dryness but my skin gets so oily that it doesn't work. Drinking plenty of water doesn't work either. Feel I'm destined to get bad skin in the winter months...

xaler - people get on well with Cetaphil. It's all down to your own skin and what works best for you - everyone is different. However, stick woth non-comedogenic products.

I too have been suffering from bad cystic acne during the winter time (for about 3 years now). It starts to get bad in October and is at its peak around December-January. It starts to get better once April comes around, but those months in between are hell for me. Feel like Cinderella, where October is pretty much my midnight and once it comes around I'm doing everything I can to avoid the public.

I never noticed this before. I get dry and chapped of course but I combat it with more moisture. Think it could be anything to do with all the holiday treats you're ingesting?

Have you tried using a humidifier? A huge problem I have during the winter is dry air circulating from the heating vent. It may help out quite a bit and they're relatively cheap (around 20 bucks).