Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wth101

Nose Acne Scar Won't Go Away After 3 Years!

during high school i had about 4 pimples combined on the front of my nose. it was so disgusting and the fact that i had to go to school with that thing on it. well anyways i had a skin care professional pop it and thought it was going to get better. it's been 3 years and though it did get smaller, it's still noticeable and you can still see the scar, it's like a bean shape scar on my nose. i'm telling you it doesn't go away. the scar is literally stuck to my nose. my skin is oily especially on my nose and forehead. in the morning, you can see the wetness on my nose. and there were times where pimple would grow on the same spot where my acne was and i would hope that after it popped, that the acne would go away with that scar but it didn't. like 2 or 3 pimples grew on that same spot over the past 3 years and it's still there. it's so frustrating to wake up. i've did all i can with that scar, even some stupid things which i regretted lol. i used some BP, potatoes, dermalogica, Karens nothing seems to work. i was hoping to get it lasered when im older and have some money but idk.

Dermaroller?

I've had Dermaroller 8 times and I can honestly say it doesn't work. On any type of scarring.

It's not worth the time, pain or money.

Edited by dx4567

Dermaroller?

I've had Dermaroller 8 times and I can honestly say it doesn't work. On any type of scarring.

It's not worth the time, pain or money.

Really? That's good bad. I was hoping it would work.

Depending on how deep the scar is, dermasanding might help. It's a bit like dermabrasion only sandpaper is used. Plus, it's not an expensive procedure and you'd only be getting a small part of your nose treated and nowhere else.

hi sorry for the late reply but the pimple is literally stuck to my nose..its so frustrating also i got a facial which helped but everything grew back due to my oilyness.

Here's how you get rid of a scar like this.

You are going to need:

A Needle

Some Iodine- store brand is fine

Cold Pressed Hexan Free Castor Oil- vitacost.com

Band aids

Vaseline

Baking Soda

Needle the scar tissue up. Do not needle the surrounding healthy tissue.

Apply iodine to the scar. Cover it up with Vaseline and a Band-Aid. Clean the wounded scar tissue up and reapply iodine to it every morning for the next few days and recover with Vaseline and a Band-Aid. Repeat this process daily until the wound is level with the surrounding tissue.

Iodine slows down the healing process and it is used to create scaring in wounds, so it's going to make a scar out of the scar you already have, but it will be flat with the surrounding tissue- I don't fully understand why it does this but it does. It shouldn't take more than a week or so to do it's thing. After it has reached this phase it is time to stop using the iodine.

Don't let the wound heal yet (it shouldn't be healed Anyways since the iodine is slowing it's healing phase down)

After the wound is level- start applying the castor oil to the wound and cover the hell out of the cotton area of the Band-Aid with castor oil before placing the cotton area over the healing wound- It is important to make sure the wound/scar remains covered and wet with the oil- if it absorbs and goes dry it will not work- thats why you have to soak the hell out of the cotton area of the bandaid- you could do this another way by taping a piece of cotton soaked in the oil down over the scar. You will be using the castor oil on the healed wound/scar as well for many months at bed time. It will turn the scar tissue into normal tissue, but it takes a long time- 4-9 months. You can do this castor oil treatment every night when you go to bed, using the same technique you did to heal the wound with the castor oil. Cover the scar with the oil and cover the cotton area of the Band-Aid you cover the scar tissue with- castor oil penetrates deeper into the dermis than any other oil out there, it will break up the scar tissue, i know i am doing this treatment right now and it is working. Use baking soda scrubs on the scar every few days to speed up the turnover tissue process

Edited by 2001