Notifications
Clear all

Cleared My Acne 90%, Here's How!

MemberMember
(@righthandman)

Posted : 11/26/2011 4:44 pm

First, i would like to say that i have tried countless products and techniques and blah blah blah blah, you guys have heard it all before, so im gonna skip to the point. I had severe acne but now im doing great, still trying to get 100%, its so hard!

1. Avoid soy

Soy is loaded with phytoestrogens, as for flax, sesame, and other foods, look it up. I noticed a direct correlation between soy and acne, and it makes sense too, since acne is a hormonal issue, and estrogen is a hormone, you wouldn't want to put your body out of balance by eating high hormone products. also milk aint the best. but alot of people might say "i don't eat soy" but you are wrong, you eat soy daily, start being a label reader and you will find out that soybean oil is used in almost all processed goods that includes pizza, pastries, cereals, granola bars etcs. stick to unprocessed, whole foods, especcially raw and organic.

2. b5 and l-carnitine.

These two products together work great. Megadosing (with anything) is bad, so l-carnitine allows you to use alot less b5 and still get the great effects. I do about 500-1000mg of b5 a day.

3. Fiber

lots of people are deficient in fiber because of our american diets heavy in processed white wheats and void of raw vegetables and fruits. But you can supplement with oat fiber and chia seeds (great source of omega 3). remember to avoid flax. psyllium husk is alright i guess, but a higher quality fiber would be better, one with equal soluble and insoluble amounts.

4. Juicing.

I try to juice about one tall glass of juice a day. It depends on what i put into it but here are some great vegetables to use.

sweet potato, tomato, carrot, spinach, romaine, ginger, garlic, lemon, red beet, cucumber, celery, kale, parsley, wheatgrass

i'd say the most important addititions to your juice would be sweet potato, any dark leafy greens, and celery. it is good to switch it up though.

Other things to consider:

(you don't necessarily have to follow these ones but just be aware)

omega 3 from chia seeds are a great plant source and are loaded with fiber and antioxidants, also they have no estrogen.

drink more water. its best to have spring water or bottled water, not tap cause thats filled with floride, chlorine, coppper etc. also try not to drink water during meals, but much later to ensure proper digestion.

refrain from masterbating, it really puts the body out of whack.

gluten and yeast aren't great for you either.

alcohol is horrible for the liver, dont drink it

avoid white sugar too and sweets like candy soda cake donuts etc, thats pretty easy

I think that these steps are pretty simple to follow and aren't too much of a strain financially, let me know if anyone has any helpful tips, questions or criticism to make this better. I was trying lots of things when i was incorporating each of these rules into my life, and i think that if someone starts this they will notice results in a week. no i dont have before & after pictures. thanks for reading!

MemberMember
(@daftfrost)

Posted : 05/20/2012 9:07 pm

Wow congrats! Why didn't this get any replies?

Anyways I was wondering why you think Flax seed is bad? I am also thinking its bad too, but I hear that its good somewhere else.

MemberMember
(@righthandman)

Posted : 06/01/2012 8:24 pm

flax is good in that it has omegas and efas. But it is also extremely high in phytoestrogens which for me induced acne. like i said above. flax, sesame and soy are all high in phytoestrogens.

MemberMember
(@acneisacurse)

Posted : 07/12/2012 2:47 pm

Dude you are just like me, I hear about all the good things about flax and fish oil but if I eat flaxseed crackers or take fish oil i break out like crazy the next day! So I avoid all soy, I'm in the process of cutting out all gluten as well. I still eat cereal and crackers and cookies sometimes, but for each of those 3 they say "gluten-free" on it, and I read the back to make sure it doesn't have any soy. I also cut out all dairy, I just bought chia seeds what is the best way of eating them?

MemberMember
(@righthandman)

Posted : 07/17/2012 8:43 pm

well i actually haven't given fish oil a real chance. i know there are a lot of factors in fish oil for example, if it is rancid, or has mercury, has too much linoleum or oleic acid in it. some fish oil supplements might even have soy in it. so thats something i will approach later. I will probably try Carlsons, Nordic or Natures Made because all others seem to have complications. but definitely flax and soy are no no's. Idk the best way to eat chia seeds, its totally personal preference. I read that you don't need to crush them up like flax, so you can just mix them with water and down them, or add them to granola mixes, yogurt, acai bowls, or kombucha.

MemberMember
(@righthandman)

Posted : 12/07/2013 2:03 pm

Hi just wanted to update since it has been so long. I still struggle with acne daily. While eliminating soy and flax has helped, I am not even close to clear. Fiber no longer affects my acne at all. It seemed at one point that I could control most of my acne by supplementing with both a soluble and an insoluble fiber. This is no longer the case. Juicing is also helpful but I cannot afford to do it. I also don't have the time in my day to do it. Also, I no longer own a juicer. Haha.

MemberMember
(@anonyshamed)

Posted : 12/08/2013 4:43 am

Hi,

That's unfortunate :/

How about b5 and l-carnitine, do you think it does still help you?

Good luck anyway!

MemberMember
(@righthandman)

Posted : 12/08/2013 2:51 pm

Hi,

Good luck anyway!

I completely forgot about b5. There are so many factors that I have since pinpointed so its hard to look far back and know what was or wasnt breaking me out. Maybe I will investigate the B5 & L-Carnitine combo again, but I'm trying to focus on a deeper, root cause.

MemberMember
(@danthenewworld)

Posted : 12/08/2013 3:15 pm

Hi,

Good luck anyway!

I completely forgot about b5. There are so many factors that I have since pinpointed so its hard to look far back and know what was or wasnt breaking me out. Maybe I will investigate the B5 & L-Carnitine combo again, but I'm trying to focus on a deeper, root cause.

i saw a heath tv show today about acne, and the doctor said that acne appears when the hormonal balance is not ok.. so to speak. he didn't make any classifications like the hormonal type (like on this forum), but all acne. he said some women may get acne simply by giving birth, some may get rid of acne by giving birth, there's no telling what could happen.

and other things we know about acne, is it starts at puberty, if we see someone who got rid of acne it's probably a girl taking birth control pills, or spiro, or progesteron creams, or saw palmetto (usually for guys)

btw, i would have some curiosities but it's very hard to complete some statistics, some Q getting a little too personal like scrotum behaviour..