Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FaceValues

How Was Your Thanksgiving?

Not too stressful, I hope!

I did the majority of the cooking, made a grain-free stuffing with bacon, celery, shiitakes, onions, sweet potatoes and garlic, cranberry orange relish with pomegranate, mashed sweet potatoes, and a wheat-free, low-sugar pumpkin pie. Boyfriend poured a bunch of wine on a turkey our friend got from work and tore open some oranges, placing the peels around the skin of the turkey. Midway through I added some of my stuffing.

Oh, I also drank two bottles of sake throughout cooking and when I woke up it was dark and everyone had left. I still hadn't eaten anything so I got up, grabbed some turkey, and went back to bed.

....I guess I rode my bike at some point, which I remember bits and pieces of, and there are a couple well-placed bruises from falling and the pedals hitting my feet/ankles.

Had food the next day at work for leftovers, man am I a genius when it comes to cooking. Not so sure if I like sake anymore, though...

CHOICE THANKSGIVING/YOU'RE WELCOME-TAKING

How was your guys'?

Filled with nutritional sin and heresy. Glutens.

lol but seriously, I had turkey, some biscuits with butter, overly sweet sweet potatoes, a bunch of honey baked ham (OMG :drool:), baked potatoes, and my green smoothies + 2 tbsn of coconut oil and 1 of evoo prior to eating all this. I had maybe 1 new pimple, nothing to write home about. I do my best to avoid nutrtional talks with my family since they're so critical of my diet (and uninformed), so I'll usually eat whatever the few times I see them, minus things like soda.

Also, pretty much everyone except me came down with some kind of superflu, it was my "in yo face!" moment. I'll have to try drunken bike riding sometime.

Edited by tim12

My Thanksgiving was surprisingly not-as-unhealthy as it could have been. I had some pumpkin pie (about the worst thing I ate) along with some apple-stuffed duck. Had pumpkin chowder as well, made with coconut milk, sweet potatoes and pumpkin.

I didn't go to my family party because I knew I would be too tempted to eat all their good food. I was so proud of myself for avoiding the yearly diet-screw up day. Until, my dad brought home some thx giving food...you know what happens after that.

It was great. I traveled with my boyfriend to see his family and ate all kinds of food: turkey, sweet potatoes, stuffing, regular potatoes, lots of pies. Also, my acne has been clearing up a lot, throughout the entire stay at his house I never put any makeup on.

Not bad, I avoided rolls that I usually love to devour. I had sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, turkey, some weird salad thing my mom made, and green bean casserole. That was just lunch though. Most delicious thanksgiving lunch ever. Then I went to my friends house for dinner. His family has roast beef as the main dish, but there was a whole bunch of other dishes that were so interesting, but unidentifiable . There was plenty of steamed broccoli and carrots as well, to counter the potential disaster.

Biggest acne offender for me was probably the cranberry cocktail non alcoholic champagne drink thing (44g of sugar, tried not to drink too much of it) at my friends house. His dad brought out the fancy wine glasses, and it just looked so perfect altogether, I couldn't say no, haha. Also, lots of binge eating occurred, which probably contributed. Any breakouts I got from thanksgiving day were mostly gone when I woke up the next day. It was a really awesome thanksgiving, I accepted that it would probably end up in facial disaster, but it ended up being not so bad. :)

I didn't go to my family party because I knew I would be too tempted to eat all their good food. I was so proud of myself for avoiding the yearly diet-screw up day. Until, my dad brought home some thx giving food...you know what happens after that.

Kudos for being able to resist temptation, but if there's one day to give into temptation and throw caution to the wind it's Thanksgiving.

It was delicious and imperfect.

Slow roasted a free range turkey from the farm, made sweet and yellow potatoes, Ezekiel bread stuffing, cranberry orange sauce, a loaf of some bread (which I got for my folks, I didn't have any) crab stuffed mushrooms, coleslaw (with homemade mayo o course), green beans, corn (again for everyone but me) lots of wine.... and perhaps a cheesecake which I ate too much of. But it totally had a walnut pecan crust :P

I'm now enjoying the last bowl of turkey beet soup made with scrumptious bone broth. Not to mention I have plenty of broth in the freezer stocked up now, yay.

Everything was awesome until Sat. when our new dog decided to try and kill me. I'm lucky I still have a right hand. Booo :/