Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ijpinilla

Here I Go Again; My On-Again, Off-Again Relationship With Bp

I've been on and off the regimen for two years now, spent countless dollars on non-regimen products, and haven't been satisfied with my motivation or results.

I've decided that after so many blunders, using other products, and skipping days that I'm going to start with a clean slate--try to start out on the right foot this time around. Maybe this log will aid in keeping up with the regimen and deter me from becoming lazy.

After two years, I finally convinced myself to stop wasting my time and money with drug store products. I'm starting again with only Dan's products: cleanser, treatment, and moisturizer.

It's been five days since I started the regimen with a clean slate and Dan's products. So far, it's been deceptively successfully, as the first two pics are from the first day and the last two pics are from today. I know all too well purging is on the horizon. I know my acne isn't in a dire state as I start out, and thankfully that's due to a half-assed attempt at treating my face. It's kept it a pretty OK place, but I'm ready for that 100% clear.

Here we go again.

post-115039-0-92688400-1322327942_thumb.

post-115039-0-27504900-1322327948_thumb.

post-115039-0-72587400-1322327959_thumb.

post-115039-0-93766300-1322327977_thumb.

post-115039-0-92688400-1322327942_thumb.

post-115039-0-27504900-1322327948_thumb.

post-115039-0-72587400-1322327959_thumb.

post-115039-0-93766300-1322327977_thumb.

Edited by ijpinilla

Day 9

Wow, the days have really gotten away from me.

Well, I already have some flakes between my eyebrows and around my laugh lines. They're not bad or noticeable after I apply the moisturizer. For the last couple of days, I've been sparing with application of BP in those areas and paid close attention when applying moisturizer in those areas. It seems to have helped for the most part, as it seems there are less and less flakes with each day. Surprisingly, there isn't any redness to note as of yet. I'll have to add a picture update when I get back from work tonight.

I'm still kind of being a wuss with increasing the BP dosage. From two years of experience, I know that each increase of BP is when all hell breaks loose on my face, with the flakes and redness. So for right now I'm only increasing the BP at night during the second week, then for the third week I'll increase it in the mornings as well. I know this may lengthen the time for being 100% clear, but I'm not ready for the consequence of pushing my sensitive skin like the times before. It took a couple of months to calm my skin after those times, and I really don't wanna go through that again.

So for now, first week BP dosage in the morning and second week BP dosage at night. Fingers crossed.

Keep it up! Your skin looks really great. Did you find Benzoyl Peroxide the most effective way to treat your acne? What else have you been on to keep your skin that nice to start with?

Edited by 5ive

Day 13

The flakes are pretty much gone and nonexistent after moisturizing. So I'm happy! I'm really optimistic this time around because my skin is already 100 times better, and Dan's products have really been agreeing with my skin. His BP doesn't burn my skin like acid like the Proactive Repairing Lotion. Barely any burning at all to speak of.

Tomorrow will bring about increasing the BP. I guess I'll see if my skin still cooperates. I'm not too worried about redness or burning as Dan's products have really mild on my skin. I'm just worried about flakes getting out of control, but so far flakes are minimal.

And pic updaaaaaates! I'm so excited. Things are looking good, but there are a couple of bumps that are trying to come up on either side of my cheeks. Purging is on the horizon, but hopefully it's not too bad. They're small though and barely noticeable. I'll keep track of how long they stick around.

Keep it up! Your skin looks really great. Did you find Benzoyl Peroxide the most effective way to treat your acne? What else have you been on to keep your skin that nice to start with?
Edited by ijpinilla

Day 28 (Week 4)

Everything has been good so far. My face looks pretty much the same as the last pics I posted, so I felt it redundant to post pics again. No huge purging session yet, thankfully. The tiny flaking issue hasn't gotten worse from increasing the dosage in the morning last week, so time to more forward.

Week 2 dosage in the morning; week 3 dosage at night.

I'm so tempted to jump right into increasing BP dosage both morning and night since my skin has been so tolerant thus far, but I must exhibit self control! ha!

Edited by ijpinilla