Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
quantumtheory

Two Terrible Scars, Need Help

8pW0g.jpg

Both of those are scars or scar tissue as far as i can tell. The one on the right was a terrible cyst back I had about 9 years ago. After antibiotics all of it went away but I was left with that. The one on the left is a raised lump of scar tissue resulting from a cyst that never drained. I also have one on the left side of my face on my temple next to my eye. They are both noticeable in light and I've worn my hair long for a long time. I finally said screw and cut most of my hair off today. I've been doing a vitamin E oil massage every night before I go to bed for the last week. I'm also using a moisturizer with jojoba oil added after my BP and cleanser.

I asked my derm about it a couple months ago and he said I might need cosmetic surgery to have them removed. But I would be left with another scar. Would a steroid or cortisone injection work? Not sure how that works but I read that people have those done for scars. Or should I just continue with the vitamin E oil massage?