Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nelo18

Tattoo, 3 Weeks After Stoppong Accutane?

so...i was on accutane (claravis 40mg) for only one month. had to stop because my cholesterol was too high and my kidneys were acting up. i have to wait a month to take another blood test and continue with tane.

i feel that since i was only on tane for one month my body never felt the full accutane experience. so im gonna do it (its gonna be a 3 small tattoos btw, not damn damn back piece).

and my skin skin is actually doing pretty well. my skin is not as dry anymore tho. my back is 100% clear and only one small pimple on my face.

i just dont feel like waiting 1 year if i end on going back on accutane. ive also been thinking of just stopping accutane for a few months and try some non ablative scar treatments for my craters, but ill talk to my derm about that.

what do u guys think?

Edited by Nelo18

I might give it some time. I know being on accutane seriously affected my body's ability to heal, and that lasted a few months. As well I know the tattoo healing process is intense.. Is this your first tattoo? I waited 6 months after stopping accutane before I got my tattoo, it took about 4 weeks for it to heal (foot tattoo, usually takes a bit longer than a normal tattoo). I just wouldn't want to risk getting any type of infection on a tattoo, since they're pricey and easily infected.

I might give it some time. I know being on accutane seriously affected my body's ability to heal, and that lasted a few months. As well I know the tattoo healing process is intense.. Is this your first tattoo? I waited 6 months after stopping accutane before I got my tattoo, it took about 4 weeks for it to heal (foot tattoo, usually takes a bit longer than a normal tattoo). I just wouldn't want to risk getting any type of infection on a tattoo, since they're pricey and easily infected.

yes, it will be my first tattoo. i want something tribal-ish on both my hands. somewhat similar to what cheryl cole has on her hand.

what do u think?

like i said. i was only on tane for a month, so i dont think it affected my body that much. i think im gonna get it tho.

i got it anyway. hopefully it heals well.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h278/maciasfamilym/IMG_6732.jpg

That's just a little one! You should be fine. I babied mine and did exactly what my artist said and it healed beautifully. I got a feather on the top of my foot.

i'll get the others once im done with accutane. i just really one (i feel it makes me look older, lol).