Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well. I'm not really sure what to do right now. I prayed out my acne situation just a little while ago but now I just feel like I need to tell somebody how I feel right now. Just about 3 months ago my face broke out horrible. I went 19 years with having very very little acne and then I had this huge breakout that has changed me as a person. Before the acne, I was very confident in my looks. I don't want to sound conceited, but I thought I was a pretty decent looking guy. I always knew I was blessed and I had even talked with my best friend many times about us both being blessed that we didn't have acne, and then..the breakout happened. All over my face and my shoulders. I went about 1 month of having acne before I finally went to a derm. She prescribed me Epiduo Gel, and Doxycycline. Over the course of the month these have helped me along with my diet change, consuming tons of water, exercising, washing my face, moisturizing, and not touching my face.

However.

I'm still getting random pimples and breakouts and I have tons of redmarks and scars. It bothers me so much guys. I just KEEP thinking about 4 months ago when my face was clear and I didn't worry about acne. It almost doesn't seem fair simply because for my whole life I've struggled with having pectus excavatum or "sunken chest". Well I had surgery to correct this about 5 months ago and I was FINALLY starting to like my body as a whole. Even when my chest was getting me down I would think "well at least I have a decent looking face" I know that sounds so vain, but it really did help me at times. Now i've got the stress of a long distance relationship, acne, college, family problems, just SOO much baggage with acne being the worse of it.

I know I've been all over the place, but I just needed to share my story.