Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skdody

So I Just Got My First Cortisone Shot...

It has now been 12 hours since I got my first cortisone shot on my huge cystic pimple...

I can see that size got smaller, but it's very red... It's sooooooooo noticeable.

For the people who got the cortisone shot, does cortisone shot help with the redness of the pimple?

Or is it just the size?

I received a cortisone shot on a cyst a few weeks ago, last month actually and it helped with the size mostly . The redness was there it still hasn't completely dissapeared it's a red spot now a hyperpigmentation mark. But the cortisone shot helped bring it down for good I'd say :)

Thanks for the reply AbyBar.

It has now been 24 hours since I got the shot and size went down about 50%.

I think that's a good sign.

But my color is now dark brown. I guess its better than being red.

Yeah it became a scab afterwards and then it fell off after a few days and it was a hyperpigmentation left after the cyst left for good.

how long did it take your cyst to completely disappear? Mine went down completely but I can still feel its inside my skin.

It took less than a week . It hasn't came back since then . All I'm left with is the red hyperpigmentation . I'm waiting for that to fade away . I think getting the cortisone shot was the best move I've done so far ;)