Notifications
Clear all

"knots" In My Face. Extremely Painful, Please Help!

MemberMember
(@inastateofhopefulness)

Posted : 11/24/2011 8:25 pm

I've been on accutane for over a month now, and most of my face is clearing up. These however are very persistent and do not seem to be going any time soon. They're also on my cheekbones, which completely sucks because I have pretty prominent cheekbones. So at certain angles even with makeup on they're very noticeable. They like alter my facial/bone structure. There are two on my right cheekbone cater-corner to each other. One is the size of a dime and the other is the size of a penny. On my left cheek there's a group of 5-7 smaller "knots" that form something about the size of a quarter-half dollar.

As far as I can tell they don't have pus in them. So I think they're nodules. How long will it take for accutane (at now 80mg) to get rid of these? I'm pretty sure that while on accutane I can't get cortisone shots or whatever.

I would say 70% of my face is acne free (besides hyperpigmentation and whatever). Its all pretty smooth except for on my cheekbones. Anything to help alleviate the pain and appearance of them would be beneficial. D=! PLEASE HELP!!!

MemberMember
(@laidplains)

Posted : 11/27/2011 6:36 am

Your cysts sound like my cysts.

Been on accutane for just over 5 months now. These cysts appeared during treatment and are still currently healing. Not sure how long yours will be there, but all one can do is hope it isn't very long. I also suffer from strictly 'cheekbone' cysts. Not sure what would cause the cysts to occur on only my cheekbones and RARELY anywhere else.

I have found Castor Oil to help the current cysts soften and sometimes drain. I have pushed solid white chunks out of cysts in my cheeks by sticking my finger inside my mouth and pushing the cyst out. I would not recommend this as it may have caused some scarring, but my face is already so fucked up what difference does it really make?

If someone does have a cure for us sufferers, please let us know! Thanks!

MemberMember
(@ohhhhhhnooooooo)

Posted : 11/27/2011 6:50 am

you can try icing your face with an ice cube to help the inflammation go down

MemberMember
(@sdr-wellnesscoach)

Posted : 11/27/2011 6:55 pm

Go to your family doctor and ask for allergy tests for Wheat, Soy, Barley, Milk, Egg, & Gluten (Celiac Panel). I am 99.99% sure a food allergy is responsible for Acne. In the mean time, go Gluten Free. If those test come back negative, keep track of what you eat/drink (ingredience or fruit) and get tested for those.

Ps for current Acne, try rubbing Banana peels or Neosporin on it & leave it on overnight.

MemberMember
(@inastateofhopefulness)

Posted : 11/28/2011 5:25 pm

They don't seem to have pus in them. Just... big knots in my face. :S.

I do put icepacks on my face sometimes because it helps with the pain. I also sometimes use neosporin. I've never tried banana peels. :S

MemberMember
(@catherinemorland)

Posted : 11/28/2011 11:12 pm

That would make me feel silly lol

MemberMember
(@john-michael-jaovani)

Posted : 11/28/2011 11:44 pm

I have cystic acne around my chin. I am talking 1-3 every 2 weeks. I have tried everything known to man. I am tempted to try a low dose of accutane 20mg per day. My skin is completely clear except for my chin and cheek area. It was interesting to see the food allergy aspect. I will have to talk with my Doctor. Any advice? I am 25 years old and just this week have at the worst outbreak in my life. Have no clue how or why :(

MemberMember
(@laidplains)

Posted : 11/29/2011 3:56 am

I have cystic acne around my chin. I am talking 1-3 every 2 weeks. I have tried everything known to man. I am tempted to try a low dose of accutane 20mg per day. My skin is completely clear except for my chin and cheek area. It was interesting to see the food allergy aspect. I will have to talk with my Doctor. Any advice? I am 25 years old and just this week have at the worst outbreak in my life. Have no clue how or why sad.png

I was getting similiar cysts on my cheekbone areas on both sides. I am 21 years old and was getting 1-3 every few weeks. I have no clue what is causing this. Is god punishing me for smoking marijuana, gambling and having sex? Maybe. But what I do know is isoretinoin (active chemical compound in accutane) has HELPED my problem. I am 170 lbs, take 80mg/day. I still have cysts 5 months during treatment, but WAY less. They still look like shit, but not as shitty as before.

Talk to a dermatologist and see what he/she suggests.

Good Luck

MemberMember
(@sdr-wellnesscoach)

Posted : 11/29/2011 5:52 am

The FDA said "FOOD" does not cause Acne, they cannot lie, so they are right. What they are trying to tell us by repeatedly telling us that it's not "FOOD" w/o putting the "Acne Business" out of business is the bodies reaction (allergy) to food does. All skin problems are due to a allergic reaction and many other "illnesses" (example: Arthritis).

MemberMember
(@bee-naz)

Posted : 11/14/2012 10:41 pm

I was on google and randomly found this and just had to make an account to tell you about an amazing solution to acne, if you're still experiencing it.

MemberMember
(@acollegekid)

Posted : 11/27/2012 12:50 am

This brings back terrible memories for me...I had those deep nodules on my cheekbones as well and they HURT LIKE HELL! I still have some deep scars there but not everyone scars as bad as i do so hopefully u will have better luck.

MemberMember
(@jarrit)

Posted : 11/27/2012 8:14 am

I have cystic acne around my chin. I am talking 1-3 every 2 weeks. I have tried everything known to man. I am tempted to try a low dose of accutane 20mg per day. My skin is completely clear except for my chin and cheek area. It was interesting to see the food allergy aspect. I will have to talk with my Doctor. Any advice? I am 25 years old and just this week have at the worst outbreak in my life. Have no clue how or why sad.png

Around the mouth, this is certainly a food "allergy." I believe there are varying levels of tolerance in regard to food types.

I used to get the same acne all over my mouth area and under my chin, and pretty much all over the face. I struggled with this acne for about 15 years, before I discovered I have certain food intolerances.

After a bit of research, I realized a few key bullet points :

- Less carbohydrates per day. Excess leads to inflammation.

- More whole foods, such as kale, mushroom, zucchini, salmon, etc.

- Avoid wheat gluten or bread. Consume sugar in moderation.

Essentially this is a low-carb (we're talking less than 100 per day), paleo diet with mostly vegetables (kale being the basis).

Granted, this isn't going to be a magical cure. A lifestyle change of avoiding excessive drinking and smoking, and regular exercise will make this diet work much better.

I've never felt happier about my skin, until I decided to control exactly what I eat.

If you have any questions I am definitely willing to help. Believe me, my transformation happened in less than a week. This is how incredible your body is at healing itself - it just needs the right nutrients and fuel.

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 12/02/2012 4:18 am

Go to your family doctor and ask for allergy tests for Wheat, Soy, Barley, Milk, Egg, & Gluten (Celiac Panel). I am 99.99% sure a food allergy is responsible for Acne. In the mean time, go Gluten Free. If those test come back negative, keep track of what you eat/drink (ingredience or fruit) and get tested for those.

Ps for current Acne, try rubbing Banana peels or Neosporin on it & leave it on overnight.

,the photo below found on the internet is what I suffered from the age of 15 to 25 and since 25 I have been virtually spot free except for one or two breakouts a year.I found out the cause when I moved from my mothers home and her cooking,living on my own,I ate a lot of burgers and different fried foods,but to my amazement I got a clear complexion.

http://www.healthhyp...infections.html

Blow is another photo of someone who has a different condition than mine, as I only ever got the one spot(the rest of my face having a clear complexion)this lady has clusters of them,so I don't know if my "prevention" not "cure" applies to both conditions.

I found the the cause of my problem as I said when I moved away,I wasn't actually searching for a cure it was by accident.

http://www.acneprodu...es/cystic-acne/

So what I discovered was not that healthy foods(like my mothers) prevented spots,quite the opposite,neither was I applying cream or lotions or looking into medicines.I discovered with my now healthy complexion that I hadn't grown out of my condition as once or twice a year suffered a breakout and to this day still do,but what caused it?,fed up with fried food after a few months away from mothers,I decided to cook a tasty meal and bought a packet mix of sauce I remembered my mother used,a few days later a big spot,not reading anything into this,I had the same meal again a few weeks later,same result,gradually I had found my poison and later to discover that this chemical was found in many certain food products/sauces/drinks and even in medicines(I dread to think how many people are taking these medicines thinking that it's a cure,but actually is the cause).

So I know DEFINETLY what causes my spots and by avoiding these chemical have prevented not cured my condition.

Now(as I sit here with my clear complexion) I am most certainly not joining in with the above members in "I'm right you are wrong" or quoting medical facts or denials.I have eradicated my 21 year old daughter spots as she suffers from the same condition as me(but my son doesn't) and a handful of people who listened to my experience,but I am not labelling my self as an expert or know all,you can either read my personal findings with interest,maybe doubt or say it can't be true because doctors say different, I'm not bothered either way,just very happy that my daughter doesn't have a need to visit this website.