Notifications
Clear all

Face Covered W/ Red Marks...

MemberMember
(@myskinishell)

Posted : 11/23/2011 4:48 pm

What do I do? I've been severely depressed about this for months. Please help me. sad.png

A few of them are actual zits, like the one by my eye and on my forehead and on my chin. But the rest are RED MARKS. Yeah. It's bad. My skin ruins my whole face... and my upper body (chest, shoulders, upper back).

MemberMember
(@nelo18)

Posted : 11/24/2011 12:57 am

look on the bright side...ur pretty(u really are). and ur a girl so u get to wear makeup and BAM.

us guys have to just deal with it.

its no big deal tho, maybe ur using something irritating, what are u using?

MemberMember
(@jolieantoinette)

Posted : 11/24/2011 1:03 am

Ummm. You have oily skin...have you tried salicylic acid? I've been using clinique's acne bar with 2% salicylic acid and it's fading the dark and red spots I have really fast. Plus my face isn't as oily as before. At first the soap stings though, but after the second or third wash it should work well for you.

MemberMember
(@myskinishell)

Posted : 11/24/2011 2:43 am

look on the bright side...ur pretty(u really are). and ur a girl so u get to wear makeup and BAM.

I disagree. Plenty of men wear cosmetics to cover up acne/marks. It's becoming more and more accepted in today's society.

Anyways...irritation isn't my problem. It's the marks. My skin is not irritated.

Ummm. You have oily skin...have you tried salicylic acid? I've been using clinique's acne bar with 2% salicylic acid and it's fading the dark and red spots I have really fast. Plus my face isn't as oily as before. At first the soap stings though, but after the second or third wash it should work well for you.

Yeah I've tried Salicylic Acid.. unfortunately it does nothing for REAL, PERSISTENT acne... for your kind of acne (i.e. a pimple and some clogged pores every once in a while) I'm sure it does wonders.

But thanks anyway.

MemberMember
(@nelo18)

Posted : 11/24/2011 2:50 am

I disagree. Plenty of men wear cosmetics to cover up acne/marks. It's becoming more and more accepted in today's society.

Anyways...irritation isn't my problem. It's the marks. My skin is not irritated.

Yeah I've tried Salicylic Acid.. unfortunately it does nothing for REAL, PERSISTENT acne... for your kind of acne (i.e. a pimple and some clogged pores every once in a while) I'm sure it does wonders.

But thanks anyway.

ive recently tried makeup but cant find a match for my skintone. so i just gave up.

if its the red marks that r bothering u, try a glycolic moisturizer (if ur skin is oily u might want to avoid since it helps bring moisture) or a 2% hydroquinone product...

MemberMember
(@jolieantoinette)

Posted : 11/24/2011 2:56 am

Ummm. That's not the type of acne I get. My acne use to be extremely persistent 10 or more pimples a week with 2 or more deep bumps extremely oily like your skin...but my spots were worse all over and some were darker. I actually controlled it with some antibiotics and a change in my diet. Stopped eating a lot of diary and sugar then I got on antibiotics. I do the baby brush method 3 to 4 times a week and exfoliate with a salicylic acid bar. It dries up all my oil and it helps greatly with the scars.

:/ Though you are asking for advice you don't seem to be taking it well.

MemberMember
(@myskinishell)

Posted : 11/24/2011 3:09 am

Ummm. That's not the type of acne I get. My acne use to be extremely persistent 10 or more pimples a week with 2 or more deep bumps extremely oily like your skin...but my spots were worse all over and some were darker. I actually controlled it with some antibiotics and a change in my diet. Stopped eating a lot of diary and sugar then I got on antibiotics. I do the baby brush method 3 to 4 times a week and exfoliate with a salicylic acid bar. It dries up all my oil and it helps greatly with the scars.

Acne isn't my problem anymore. Yeah I have like 3 zits right now but I've pretty much got my skin under control. What DOES bother me are the red marks, which Salicylic Acid and any other exfoliating product does not help with, as red marks are blood vessels under the skin and exfoliating them does nothing. Exfoliating is used to get rid of brown spots from aging and sun spots.

I'm not trying to shoot down your advice, I'm simply telling you your suggestion would not work for me but thanks anyway. Don't take it the wrong way.

But thanks anyway.

ive recently tried makeup but cant find a match for my skintone. so i just gave up.

if its the red marks that r bothering u, try a glycolic moisturizer (if ur skin is oily u might want to avoid since it helps bring moisture) or a 2% hydroquinone product...

This may sound weird but don't be afraid to test it in the store. Just use a little dab and rub it on the side of your face and if it matches, YAY. If not, keep looking. If all else fails, go to a makeup counter such as Mac or Clinique and they will personally select your right shade for ya. :]

MemberMember
(@jolieantoinette)

Posted : 11/24/2011 3:17 am

Acne isn't my problem anymore. Yeah I have like 3 zits right now but I've pretty much got my skin under control. What DOES bother me are the red marks, which Salicylic Acid and any other exfoliating product does not help with, as red marks are blood vessels under the skin and exfoliating them does nothing. Exfoliating is used to get rid of brown spots from aging and sun spots.

I'm not trying to shoot down your advice, I'm simply telling you your suggestion would not work for me but thanks anyway. Don't take it the wrong way.

But thanks anyway.

This may sound weird but don't be afraid to test it in the store. Just use a little dab and rub it on the side of your face and if it matches, YAY. If not, keep looking. If all else fails, go to a makeup counter such as Mac or Clinique and they will personally select your right shade for ya. :]

Well, maybe a chemical peel like Glycolic Acid would work for that? Though I always thought exfoliation helped with all types of spots even red ones. It helped mine, but I guess yours are different?

MemberMember
(@nelo18)

Posted : 11/24/2011 4:06 am

But thanks anyway.

u think ur face is messed, u should see mine. i recently started accutane, i have no pimples right now, but i have a sh#t load of dark marks now. i feel self conscious just going outside let alone a BEAUTY STORE.

btw salicylic acid does help reduce red marks, glycolic might work better. vitamin c is great as well. and hydroqiunone

MemberMember
(@gems2889)

Posted : 11/24/2011 5:11 pm

hey I am on the same boat as you :( I am using retin a micro which purged all my clogged pores now I am dealing with the marks as far as make up I like cover fx mineral powder ( nelo) covers very well. They say retiniods help out with the PIH and so far I can say its true because some of my marks are a bit lighter also use an spf to protect ur skin from the sun.

MemberMember
(@dreamer003)

Posted : 11/27/2011 7:32 am

You're so pretty!

And for the marks, have you been using anything on them? Maybe you can try emu oil or vitamine E oil (from the capsules), I've read some really good things about them. And if it doesn't work, you can always try retinoids.

I'm having a lot of red marks too, but I'm on accutane so can't use anything harsh, but I'm going to try some kind of oil as well.

Good luck :)

MemberMember
(@darknight)

Posted : 11/27/2011 12:21 pm

Same problem with red/brown/dark marks. I have been wearing makeup for a while as I have to. Still searching a cure for those ugly stains left on my face (some of them are almost 6 months old....)

MemberMember
(@nishant-nirala)

Posted : 10/02/2012 10:35 am

Hello !

I am going through same condition as yours with red marks on my cheeks , i know its very frustrating to see them in mirror on my face. I understand how you feels but trust me they gonna disappear soon , mine also disappearing but at very slow rate.

Also , i contact every dermatologist in my area and got no improvement on red marks ( i was in treatment for around two years ) , but now i am in homeopathic treatment and its working , i noticed the change in just two weeks although slow but at least they are disappearing.

I recommend you - HOMEOPATHIC TREATMENT --GO FOR IT!