Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StephenMcl

Healthy Foods To Eat To Gain Weight, While Also Fighting Acne.

Hi everyone, i have become a frequent poster on here, haha. Basically i want to know, which foods i can eat which will help my fight against acne, but will also enable me to gain weight as i am 5'6 and weigh 9 and a half stone. Any ideas?, thanks everyone.

I would research the Paleo diet and the Specific Carbohydrate diet. They are both helpful for achieving a healthy gut environment. I know those who do Paleo often find they become more muscular and more built from the high fat/no grain diet. The specific carbohydrate diet link is here........http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/legal/legal_illegal_a-c.htm

A good site for Paleo info is ........http://www.marksdailyapple.com

You'll have to copy and paste into your browser. Sorry lol

Edited by myheartsholistic

im thinking sweet potatoes or yams, coconut milk, plantains, tubers and ground beef would be best b/c they are less likely to cause acne.

I lost weight once I started eating healthy, which was bad cuz I went from 105 lbs down to 98 lbs (at 5'4 -- but still, is pretty low). I've been eating more "healthy" fats such as olive oil -- put an extra bit on my salad/veggies + extra virgin coconut oil. Also, full fat greek yoghurt, and upping my red meat intake a little. I know some people have issues with meat, but I've never broken out from meat.

Edited by fakeplasticgirl