Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jeffrey901

Going Strong For For 7+ Years!

The worst thing ever happened today.

I realized I am leaving town tomorrow, and I am totally out of treatment. My new shipment is soposed to arrive the day after tomorrow. So instead of suffering 4 days without treatment and the diassterous consequences, I had more of the treatment overnight shipped to my destination.

During this dabacle, I realized I can't exactly remember when I started started this regemin, I think it was in 2004. Is that possible? Perhaps it was even before that. Acne was a painful part of my life before I started and I have been so greatful for it the past 7 years or so. I wish I still had my same forum account from back then. I guess I lost it. Forgive me if I am remembering wrong and this was not even around in 2004.

Anyway my face is ALWAYS clear since starting the regemin, unless I get cocky and think I can stop using it. Then my acne instantly comes back. As long as I follow every step perfectly my skin is always 100% clear. Im 27 now and I still get acne if I stop the regemin for a few days.

Here's some tips that have always worked for me and might work for you

1) if I shave EVERY day my results are better. I dont know why.. Probably makes it easier for the stuff to absorb. Somtimes I try to keep a short beard and then my acne comes back

2) I think overall physical health is extreemly important to how your your skin functions / looks. Get your body healthy. I got a book called "The Primal Blueprint" that helped transform my health and had a great impact on my skin

3) Follow every step pefectly.. Don't half ass parts.. It's easy to skip hand washing and not focusing on being gentle.. but that stuff really does make a difference... I sware!

4) I have ruined many pairs of jeans... pillow cases.. towels.. but it was all worth it. SERIOUSLY you can think you've totally washed your hands clean and you end up getting hand shaped bleach stains on your pants. Take it from me, use white towels, and REALLLY wash your hands clean before touching your pants lol

5) the razor suggestions that are suggested really do make a difference. I do best with 2 blade razors. 1 blade and 3+ just cause problems.

6) don't try to get all crafty and re invent the wheel. just follow the regemin to a T. If you are not getting the results you want you're probably not following directions perfectly. I remember so many times reading about people having problems and the regemin they describe they are using has a bunch of crap added to it. Just follow Dans.

I use dan's BP Morning and Night (one finger length)

Dan's Moisturizer in the morning

and Dans AHA at night.

Centaphil cleaner morning and night (im sure dan's is just as good)

Welp thats all. I don't really post here but I thought I'd share some feedback since I went back to the store today to buy more. Been doing this for so long now. I owe so much to the creation of this webpage. I seriously regrent the years of taking antibiotics and using crappy dermotologist perscribed meds that don't work at all.

THANKS DAN

Edited by jeffrey901

I keep hearing about the regime but, when I read about it, it was just a technique of washing your face?

It's hard to think that it can actually clear your skin. I hope your not lying.

?? That's such a bizarre statement to make.

Jeffrey90, its nice to hear long term success stories. Especially from people who have managed to continue with following Dan's regimen for a long time. I'm up to week 10 of following it and my skin is now perfectly clear for the first time in 20 years. I'm resigned to follow the regimen for the rest of my life and hearing people like you sharing their stories gives me hope that it is possible to continue following the regimen for years. Thanks again!

I keep hearing about the regime but, when I read about it, it was just a technique of washing your face?

huh?