Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thejanedoe

Pixel/laser Resurfacing Expectations Too High?

I already had 3 pixel sessions with a good dermatologist here in the Philippines but I think I may have over-expected, seeing success stories here in the internet.

I'm 18 years old, M, and I've been disturbed with my numerous depressed scars especially on the cheeks area and the sides of my brows since i was 16. What I notice is that after the pixel treatment, meaning, after the peeled skin has been taken off after a week, and new skin appears, I feel great. I looks like all my acne scars have gone up even up close when I looked in the mirror. Feels great also because there's a temporary redness on both my cheeks kinda having a natural-flush look. But what I notice is that after 2 weeks, and when the redness subsides, here i am dealing with my acne scars. They are there again! The poreless skin i had post laser treatment, are also there again. I just dont get it because after the skin peeled normally, i dont see acne scars but after a week or two, i see them again.

My doctor told me that I shouldn't worry because my skin will continue producing collagen, but ive been on 3 treatments already and no single one of my depressed scars has already gone up parallel to my skin. Really depressed about this :(

Could kind people explain to me :)

your skin probably looks so good after it has peeled because its still kind pink/red so your scars would blend in. once the skin has calmed down then your scars would be visible again but they should be less visible after each treatment. post some pics.