Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LoveGreenSmoothies

Has Anyone Tried La Roche Posay Duo?

I've read really good things about this. It's supposed to clear acne w/o drying, in fact, some say it moisturizes really well in addition to clearing them up. I'm going to try it, but wanted personal stories. I noticed it got good reviews on this site's reviews section, but there aren't many reviews.

The Duo stands for BP 5% and LHA (A form of SA).

I just started using LRP Toleriane, gosh, it's almost 2 weeks ago and it has been amazing. I usually have to stop using every moisturizer -- even ones other people say don't break them out, because they cause flares for me. So, I'm wondering if my skin just really likes this line.

I would give it a go! Those two ( BP and LHA ) formulated together would most definitely give you a jump start. LRP also added Glycerin which is an added bonus to keep your skin moisturized. Which I'm beginning to re-think everything I did wrong regarding healing acne. I dried my face out so bad using to many Acne products which may have produced more blemishes. I agree on the LRP Toleriane. I've been using the Ultra(6-7 weeks) and my skin looks beautiful!

Ugh....I hope it doesn't dry me out. If it does, I'm returning it.

It could....but you have an amazing moisturizer and options from the "Toleriane" line to help you out! Who knows it could be the perfect cocktail for your skin? Good thoughts!

Hello, Pretty! How is the Duo? To early to tell?....usually I can notice definite change within a few days using a face wash? I'm hoping all is well!

Quick question regarding the 'Toleriane Fluid': Do you use it as a day moisturizer? Do you use it under makeup?

I love my Toleriane Ultra for everyday use day and night. Though, I generally prefer a lighter lotion(oil-free) under makeup when worn. I've gone without makeup for so long only because my skin has looked ridiculously good since I've been using the Toleriane Ultra! I've even let go of using my SA lotion that I've used for eons...Never thought I'd see the day! (jinx-poo-poo-knock-on-wood-click-my heels-3x) Like I said, my Ultra is great sans makeup-though I'm going to guess (any lotion not oil-free) with it's probably not a great mix. I don't have time to sit around and wait 30 for lotion to set prior to makeup application.

Again, I'm sending positive thoughts in your direction!

Hi :)

I used it twice. Its too early to tell. My skin was dry yesterday, but it was dry even before I used it for some reason, so I cant blame the duo. Today it seems less dry.

I think the fluide is good under makeup, but I have dry skin and need a moisturizer or my makeup looks awful. I also like a more dewy look.

I'm not sure if I'm going to use this under makeup but many people say it makes an amazing makeup primer. I don't know yet, because I haven't applied it in the am yet.

Thanks for the positive thoughts!!!

Edited by Prettywords

Pretty! any updates on the duo?

I reordered my second Toleriane Ultra and I'm going to give the Fluide a go for day wear under makeup.

Fingers crossed☮

Ugh, that sucks. Maybe try using a gentle cleanser (which I'm sure you have already) ? Do they offer the duo as a lotion treatment and if so adding that to your moisturizing routine? I was really hoping that would work for you. I've never had luck with cleansers (foaming/SA/BP). They've always, always, shredded my skin. Hydrating milk cleansers have always worked, however I enjoy the suds...my skin does not.

My skin just can't handle drying topicals at all. I'm older so they make me look old and very dry. I don't want to wait for my skin to get used to them. I don't even know how long that takes. I tried this because people said it's hydrating.