Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kramer91

Accutane Log From The Cold North! (20,male,40Mg/day)

Hi,

I've been reading these boards since around Feb/March 2011, however this is my first post, so I figured I'd go ahead and introduce myself.

I'm a 20 year old male from Denmark (hence the topic title). I've suffered with acne for a little over 3 years now. At the beginning it wasnt anything too bad, however as time passed it got worse and worse. Over the years I've tried alot of different products, some didnt work at all, some worked a little bit. Finally I went to visit a Derm around 2 weeks ago. Talked to her for a few minutes, and she told me that Accutane was definitely the way to go. I went down to take my blood test 2 days later, and got my pills last Wednesday (on day 6 atm). I actually thought about starting a log the second my Derm told me I should go on Accutane, however I never took the time to actually do it before now. But I figured I'm only 6 days in, and its not like I've forgotten whats happened these past 6 days anyways, so I thought I'd go ahead and start one now. Better late than never, I guess smile.png

Day 1-5

Took my first pill Wednesday morning. Theres really not that much to report so far. No initial breakout so far. Hoping that it wont happen at all, although thats probably not gonna be the case. Can't say my skin has really changed much for the better either so far, apart from one of the few cysts I have. By day two I thought it had faded a little bit, but decided it was probably just all in my head, but still I decided to keep an eye on it, and it actually is fading a little bit every day, which is good. About side effects, I havent really experienced anything so far, apart from some minor back pain the other day. I actually shouted out "YES", when I felt the pain, cause I figured it must be a good sign.huh.png Havent noticed anything since then, tho.

Day 6

No changes in skin really. No side effects either. Kinda thought they would have kicked in by now, although I guess its good they havent!

Still keeping an eye on that cyst. I wake up everday, go down to the bathroom, smiling at that bad boy... no wait, what!? Let me try that again. I wake up everyday, go down to the bathroom, staring at it with crazy eyes, hoping it'll run away in fear and never come back. I havent succeeded yet, but I'm not gonna give up! cool.png

Isn't it funny how we get excited for pain? Because I'm the same way. I'm like my joints hurt YAY! That means the accutane is working!! Haha fingers crossed for some dry eyes and bloody noses y'all! Lol Jk

Isn't it funny how we get excited for pain? Because I'm the same way. I'm like my joints hurt YAY! That means the accutane is working!! Haha fingers crossed for some dry eyes and bloody noses y'all! Lol Jk

Haha yeah, I gotta admit I did take a look around afterwards just to make sure no one heard me. Would have been wierd to explain. crazy.gif

Just wanted to wish you good luck! smile.png

Thanks alot. Good luck to you too! :)

Day 7

Talked to a friend of mine today, and she actually told me my face had gotten less red. Can't say I really see it myself, but apparently others do, so thats pretty awesome. Still no side effects. I did notice a small breakout this morning, but I'm not sure if thats the initial breakout, or if its from when I shave. For some reason I always breakout like crazy when I shave.

Hey Kramer, good luck with your course - I'm on 40mg a day aswell, and from the cold north, Finland here though:)

Hey Kramer, good luck with your course - I'm on 40mg a day aswell, and from the cold north, Finland here though:)

Thanks alot! Good luck to you too! :)

Day 8

Breakout from yesterday almost gone. Other than that, no change. Still no side effects either. I'm just waiting terrified for that one morning I'll wake up with no hair, dry lips and nosebleeds. blink.png

Thanks alot! Good luck to you too! smile.png

Day 8

Breakout from yesterday almost gone. Other than that, no change. Still no side effects either. I'm just waiting terrified for that one morning I'll wake up with no hair, dry lips and nosebleeds. blink.png

Thanks alot! Good luck to you too! smile.png

Day 8

hahaha take it in stride. good luck with your course man!

Thanks alot to both of you! :)

Day 10

Seems like the side effects decided to show up to the party. Woke up with very dry lips. Starting to see some minor improvement.

Day 13

My lips are still a little bit dry. Other than that theres no side effects. Skin wise its going up and down at the moment. One day I see some improvement, the next day I see a few new pimples. On another note I decided to start exercising again. For some reason I love taking long walks at 4-5am in the morning, even tho its November and very cold. Wierd? Probably. Refreshing? You betcha. ;)

Day 17

So the last couple of days have been really bad. I've been breaking out like crazy, especially on my forehead. Hopefully my IB will be quick. Guess I'll just have to wait and see. I refuse to look like this for christmas & new years! eusa_wall.gif My lips are still a little dry, tho really not that much. Other than that no side effects.