Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StephenMcl

What Foods Should I Eat If I Am On Nightshift

Hi everyone, i am currently in the process of reworking my entire diet to rid myself of acne. I do nightshifts from 10pm until 6am, and get breaks at midnight and 3am, i am just wondering what foods would be good to eat at these times to assure i can still keep up my fight against acne. Currently i am eating 2 rolls and ham at the first break and an apple at the second break, with about 2 litres of water also. What should i eat at these times to keep up my fight against acne and assure that i am not helping it by eating the wrong stuff at these times, also what stuff should i eat through the day (that is healthy of course) and will actually give me calories, because i am in need of putting weight on!. Speedy reply would be very appreciated as i start in 4 hours!, thanks everyone :).

When I have a shift that goes late at night, I bring a bag of baby carrots with me. Hummus too if you want something to dip them in.

Hi, thanks for the reply, do you mean raw carrots?, i've read they aren't good for you (i think). I bought these little fruit packs from tescos last night before coming home (the only sugar in them is, naturally occuring sugar, in other words, the sugar which is naturally present in foods), the pack contains, Apple slices, pineapple slices and strawberries. Are these foods good to eat at say midnight and 3am, that's when my breaks are and i wanna eat healthy so i can beat my acne!. thanks :)

Pack some homemade trail mix.

Fruit slices, berries, kale/spinach chips, macadamia nuts, etc. are all good.

Where do you get your macadamia nuts, chunky? At safeway they're crazy expensive (as expected) but they're nowhere to be found at my asian market (where cashews are 7.99/lb).

I wonder how healthy it is to be up at night and sleep during the day? I do it everyday....

sorry for being off topic.

Oh, and it's easy to just pack a salad, like cole slaw, which won't get bad the longer it sits (vegetables in lemon juice).

Or just some fruit that is pre-washed and a bag of nuts.

If you want to put weight on, eat avacadoes, olive oil, nuts, seeds, and meat.

Thanks for the replies everyone, last night i took some homemade soup in a flask to work.The soup basically contains, Lentils, Carrots, Broccoli and leek. I don't even see that as eating healthy as i love homemade soup. Is this good to eat at midnight and 3am. At 3am i also ate my fruit, Strawberries, Pear and apples :), is this combonation good for me and will it help my acne?. I have completely cut sugar (from junk) out of my diet and i am now eating soup and fruit, will this help my acne?, thanks everyone :).

Thanks for the replies everyone, last night i took some homemade soup in a flask to work.The soup basically contains, Lentils, Carrots, Broccoli and leek. I don't even see that as eating healthy as i love homemade soup. Is this good to eat at midnight and 3am. At 3am i also ate my fruit, Strawberries, Pear and apples smile.png, is this combonation good for me and will it help my acne?. I have completely cut sugar (from junk) out of my diet and i am now eating soup and fruit, will this help my acne?, thanks everyone smile.png.

Put some meat in that there soup.

Pack some homemade trail mix.

Fruit slices, berries, kale/spinach chips, macadamia nuts, etc. are all good.

Where do you get your macadamia nuts, chunky? At safeway they're crazy expensive (as expected) but they're nowhere to be found at my asian market (where cashews are 7.99/lb).

Trader Joe's or online.