Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nailah

Lactic Acid Or Mandalic Acid?

Which do you guys think is more effective for getting rid of post acne pigmentation?

I have darker skin and my pigmentation marks are dark brown to black. Any help??

Plus, have any of you heard of the Skin Doc's range?? I was contemplating trying their SD White advanced brightening complex. http://www.skindoctors.co.uk/products/sd-white-50ml

Any suggestions or reviews on the product??

Please help!

Nai.

i have not used lactic acid but i use mandelic acid all the time and it doesnt do much for my brown/pink marks. i use the mandelic acid mainly to help keep my skin clear. i have heard great things about lactic acid though. when i was younger i used glycolic acid alot on my marks and it worked pretty well and i have heard tca works good too.

:-) Thanks Karen...

It's so frustrating, I've done so much research and so many reviews and now I don't know which to try.

I don't want to waste my money on something that's ineffective and I don't want to irritate my skin by using too many various products, but I'm borderline desperate for some kinda solution...

Don't know what to do anymore :-(

*btw, those funny whistling faces are supposed to be smiley faces lol

:)

Um, btw, what's tca??

yeah its hard to figure out which is best but if you go to the makeup artists choice website you can get sample sizes really cheap. its a good way to try out some peels without spending a lot of cash. TCA is Trichloracetic Acid and its more of a deeper type of peel so you would want to start with say 20-30% glycolic first and then work your way up to the TCA. I would only apply the peel to your darker marks for now at least that is what I do.

http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/products/12_5_TCA_Peels-101-82.html

nah it doesnt hurt too bad at all. it mostly just stings, its more annoying than anything else. you can do the spot peels like once a week or so.