Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
janluites

Are This Scars Or What Is This?

Hello, please help me. I still have some pimples but also red spots on my face. Could someone tell me what this are and how to get rid of it:)?

Thanks in advance

post-162630-0-66992700-1321869414_thumb.post-162630-0-02666300-1321869427_thumb.

post-162630-0-61959600-1321869420_thumb.

post-162630-0-66992700-1321869414_thumb.

post-162630-0-61959600-1321869420_thumb.

post-162630-0-02666300-1321869427_thumb.

Looks like hyperpigmentation.

What about the red/brown marks left behind after acne?

These kind of marks are postinflammatory hyperpigmented lesions and are located at the site of a skin trauma after it has healed.They can result from acne, bites, burns or skin infections. The lesions range from light brown to black in colour. Lesions may become darker if exposed to sunlight (UV rays). Postinflammatory hyperpigmentation can occur in anyone, but is more common in darker skinned individuals, in whom the colour tends to be more intense and persists for a longer period.

Alpha Hydroxy Acids

Alpha-hydroxy acids (AHA's) are naturally occurring acids, derived from the sugars in particular plants. Glycolic acid is derived from sugar cane, Lactic acid from milk and Malic acid from apples. Mandelic acid, a relatively new innovation in skincare, is found in bitter almonds. These acids work at the very base of the outermost layer of the epidermis (stratum corneum).

This layer is made of dead, flat skin cells that shed about every 2 weeks. By dissolving the cement that holds these dead skin cells together, AHA's increase cell turnover and influence the structure of new stratum corneumbeing made. This results in skin that is more flexible, smoother, and more even in tone. AHA's are also weak hydroscopic agents, meaning that they absorb moisture from the atmosphere and hydrate the skin.

A balanced AHA skincare regimes will:

• reduce fine lines

• refine skin texture

• firm skin

• fade hyperpigmentation

The result is skin that looks fresher, radiant and more luminous. AHA products are beneficial for aging, sun-damaged and blemished skin. AHA products can only remove superficial lines, wrinkles and blemishes and cannot act as a cure for the effects of middle/advanced age or deep scars.

Check out the following sites for products you can buy to help combat your hyper pigmentation.

http://www.ishtarskinlights.com

http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/home.html

http://www.sesderma.co.uk/mandelac-mandelic-acid.htm#Mandelac_gel

Good luck!!! :-)

Thanks for this reply, I hope these red spots will fade away eventually. I Just hate this that they are visible that good:(

Any more solutions? THANKS!!