Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dissonance

Dr. Rokhsar Or Dr. Paul Frank For Fraxel Repair

Hi, i live in nyc, and have been pondering on getting fraxel repair and who to do it with. Does anyone have experiences with any of the two doctors and can you share your experiences?

I would highly recomend Dr. Frank. Although I used Dr. Geronemus for the Fraxel Restore. After the Fraxel's, I went to Dr. Frank for Silicone Microdroplets to fill in the scaring. My skin is 90% of what it was as a teen.

Dr. Frank actually uses the Fraxel and Silicone in the same treatment session.

You will see amazing results!

I would highly recomend Dr. Frank. Although I used Dr. Geronemus for the Fraxel Restore. After the Fraxel's, I went to Dr. Frank for Silicone Microdroplets to fill in the scaring. My skin is 90% of what it was as a teen.

Dr. Frank actually uses the Fraxel and Silicone in the same treatment session.

You will see amazing results!

How much did the silicone microdroplets cost? Are they permanent?

Thanks.

Yes, The silicon microdroplets are permanent. Each session is $750 wheather it's One Syringe or Five.

Would you reccond this? What types of scars does this work on? Does it look natural?

Also - how big were the scars? I am just wondering if I could fill in more scars depending on the scar size and the size of the syringe.

Thanks.

I would absolutely recommend this procedure. I had basically boxcar and rolling scars. Some deeper than others. I had Seven visits over Eight months. You can't just do it in one visit. Like the doctor said at my first visit, it is like building a house from scratch. You first have to start with a foundation, then build from there. And yes, it looks so natural that in most scars I had, you wouldn't even know that I once had scars.

Hope this helps!

Are you in New York?

I would absolutely recommend this procedure. I had basically boxcar and rolling scars. Some deeper than others. I had Seven visits over Eight months. You can't just do it in one visit. Like the doctor said at my first visit, it is like building a house from scratch. You first have to start with a foundation, then build from there. And yes, it looks so natural that in most scars I had, you wouldn't even know that I once had scars.

Hope this helps!

Are you in New York?

So each session cost you 750$? I am glad to hear that you liked the procedure. Were your scars deep? How many scars did you feel?

No, I do not live in New York.

Yes, my scars were deep. mainly around the cheeks and chin. I had a lot of scars from cystic acne that lasted into my late thirty's.

Hope this helps!

Are you in New York?

I went to Dr. Frank for silicone microdroplet treatment. $750 which included the $250 consultation fee. I only talked to him for 2 minutes and he did about 5 scars. I asked him to get more scars but he said he couldn't. In my opinion, the treatment is not worth the price. I barely saw a difference in my scars.

Right now I'm getting subcision done in NYC and I've only had 2 treatments(doctor hits 14-16 scars each time) and it's going amazingly well. The price is amazing as well.

Subcision is cheaper and works 100x better than silicone.

As for laser treatments, I'm not sure which doctor is better but I would not go to Dr. Frank again for any treatment. He doesn't seem like he cares.

Edited by ItHurtsToLook

Hope this helps!

Are you in New York?

I went to Dr. Frank for silicone microdroplet treatment. $750 which included the $250 consultation fee. I only talked to him for 2 minutes and he did about 5 scars. I asked him to get more scars but he said he couldn't. In my opinion, the treatment is not worth the price. I barely saw a difference in my scars.

Right now I'm getting subcision done in NYC and I've only had 2 treatments(doctor hits 14-16 scars each time) and it's going amazingly well. The price is amazing as well.

As for laser treatments, I'm not sure which doctor is better but I would not go to Dr. Frank again for any treatment. He doesn't seem like he cares.

How much is the Subcision going to cost you?

Hope this helps!

Are you in New York?

I was given two options, 3 treatments for $800 and 5 treatments for $1200. I chose the first option because I wasn't sure how it would work but I'm going to extend it to 5 and try to treat all the treatable scars that I have.

Edited by ItHurtsToLook

Hope this helps!

Are you in New York?

I was given two options, 3 treatments for $800 and 5 treatments for $1200. I chose the first option because I wasn't sure how it would work but I'm going to extend it to 5 and try to treat all the treatable scars that I have.

Thanks for the reply.

Hope this helps!

Are you in New York?

Could you please tell me the doctor you're going to for subcision?

Hi, i live in nyc, and have been pondering on getting fraxel repair and who to do it with. Does anyone have experiences with any of the two doctors and can you share your experiences?

I recommend Dr. Geronemus for this procedure. Another very good derm. i have been seeing over several years highly recommended him. I checked him out on ny.gov physicians profile and he has plenty of experience, and no flags. He did fraxel repair on me 2 years ago. He's very thorough, even puts protective plates over eyes so they can apply laser to eyelids. Lots of medication to deal with pain, and good aftercare. i had no problems during or after. Now for the bad news: his bedside manner can definitely be offputting; they don't give you your own before and after pix, (don't know if this is standard); and more important aside from great lustre to skin for a year and half, i didn't see much improvement in scar depth. However, i had many prior lasers, subcision, and silcion treatment. If you haven't had previous treatments yet, you might see a more noticeable improvement.

(I had previously consulted with Dr. Rokhsar for repair. he is easier to deal with, and also easy on the eyes, but he is younger and less experienced then Geronemus, who is a recognized authority and charges only 10% more, or at least did about 3 years ago.)

I recommend Dr. Geronemus for this procedure. Another very good derm. i have been seeing over several years highly recommended him. I checked him out on ny.gov physicians profile and he has plenty of experience, and no flags. He did fraxel repair on me 2 years ago. He's very thorough, even puts protective plates over eyes so they can apply laser to eyelids. Lots of medication to deal with pain, and good aftercare. i had no problems during or after. Now for the bad news: his bedside manner can definitely be offputting; they don't give you your own before and after pix, (don't know if this is standard); and more important aside from great lustre to skin for a year and half, i didn't see much improvement in scar depth. However, i had many prior lasers, subcision, and silcion treatment. If you haven't had previous treatments yet, you might see a more noticeable improvement.

(I had previously consulted with Dr. Rokhsar for repair. he is easier to deal with, and also easy on the eyes, but he is younger and less experienced then Geronemus, who is a recognized authority and charges only 10% more, or at least did about 3 years ago.)

What gave you the most improvement out of lasers, subicision, and silicone?

What gave you the most improvement out of lasers, subicision, and silicone?

By far the biggest improvement for me was a comination subcision and then fraxel in the same session. (1 generation before restore). i did this 3 times with Dr. Rapapport in NJ. Huge improvement. Before this i had rolling scars that distorted the appearance of my facial structure. Everything since then was to address pockmarks and has only provided marginal improvement.