Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dan2442

Hyperpigmentation Or Scarring?

Posted

So I'm going to a dermatologist in the next few days, but does this look like Scarring or Hyperpigmentation? Thanks everyone

post-162604-0-48189800-1321839619_thumb.

post-162604-0-61749200-1321839650_thumb.

Posted

Hyperpigmentation, but im no expert

Posted

I honestly wouldn't even say those are hyperpigmentation or scars. They just look like erythema caused by the inflammation of the spots. You should look into the baby brush method, just remember be gentle and wear sunscreen and moisturize. Those spots will go away in 1-3 months I promise.

Posted

I have this too... I think its hyperpigmentation.... I have not yet been to a derm... when u find out what it is please let me know and how to get rid of it :)

Posted

I used to have something similar a few months ago. It's PIH, but there could be some indents there too. All of them are almost clear now, and I did nothing to treat it because I'm on Accutane.

Don't worry, those should fade up in time. I know you probably heard this a gazillion times, but it actually happens. I'll post some pics when I get the chance!

Posted

The dark red color is hyperpigmentation. It should eventually go away, but it could take years without treatment.

It's impossible to tell from these pictures, but I'd bet you also have some atrophic scarring also. Probably ice picks. But the scars will be colorless.

Posted

Hyperpigmentation. Peels work wonders for it!