Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
siennajordan

How To Stop Picking At Spots!

I don't pick anymore and it's really easy. Just stop. There are no tricks, you know it makes your face look horrid so don't do it.

Starting now.

I use to pick at my skin all the time, but my dermatologist told me that picking and popping was bad for the skin and that I was only doing harm to my skin and spreading the infection even more. So what I did was I put a big Sign in front of my mirror that says " do not pick, pop, or touch your face " all in capital letters :D

And I haven't picked in a month and my face is looking better then before :)

It's true not picking helps a lot .

I struggle with this too.. but when I become overwhelmed with temptation I think about times when my skin was so unbelievably awful from my picking; red, swollen, weeping and impossible to conceal with makeup. Picking for me, is followed by feelings of humiliation and total demoralization. Reminiscing about all of these things help me refrain.

thank you so far for the tips :) i picked at my skin again today and really annoyed myself...i always tell myself i m never gonna pick again but i always do!! i am deffinately going to try and stop for good now....ugh.. :P