Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FSAS

Face Texture. Whats Changing It? Itchy/confused.. (Again)

despite all my 'flattering' acne, usually where my face is clear like my cheeks, the skin is nice and smooth and when looking into the light there isnt one tiny bump at all.

Today i wore a bit of makeup on my face around the clear areas , makeup ive used for years on end so i havent changed anything, i didnt even cover my whole face at all, just little parts lightly and i noticed now my whole face texture has changed. when i get the light to reflect off my face every single pore is raised slightly. my face feels like its covered in fine sand :/ this happened once before but at the time i was using MSM and niacin, even possibly a few others that im not at the moment so i thought back then that was the cause.

my face isnt itchy but if i scratch my fact it will become itchy and i'll need to scratch a little more to relieve the itch, like ive probably scratched the little makeup i had on, off anyway. i noticed that even around my neck if i start an itch i'll have to keep itching for a few seconds as opposed to if i scratched my arm, theres no desire to keep scratching.

what could this be?

my skin is so gross to touch now.. wow my whole face really is just one big serious bump :/

today i havent ingested anything out of the ordinary so its a bit weird. could the makeup be fueling something on my face there? i heard you can get yeast/candida over-growth on your face but can it arise in literally a non-inflamed entire pore-affecting way? just imagine sticking very fine sand all over a smooth face - thats how it feels and somewhat looks. i cant believe how different my face is every single day and every given time.

i dont wanna use chemicals or anything on my face and im kinda more concerned of what caused it rather than how to get rid of it asap. does it sound like anything people know of ?

maybe its because im thinking about it but whilst writing the last paragraph i literally scratched my neck, my ear, my forehead, both cheeks and now my eyebrow is itchy :/ i didnt even put makeup on half those places.

despite all my 'flattering' acne, usually where my face is clear like my cheeks, the skin is nice and smooth and when looking into the light there isnt one tiny bump at all.

Today i wore a bit of makeup on my face around the clear areas , makeup ive used for years on end so i havent changed anything, i didnt even cover my whole face at all, just little parts lightly and i noticed now my whole face texture has changed. when i get the light to reflect off my face every single pore is raised slightly. my face feels like its covered in fine sand :/ this happened once before but at the time i was using MSM and niacin, even possibly a few others that im not at the moment so i thought back then that was the cause.

my face isnt itchy but if i scratch my fact it will become itchy and i'll need to scratch a little more to relieve the itch, like ive probably scratched the little makeup i had on, off anyway. i noticed that even around my neck if i start an itch i'll have to keep itching for a few seconds as opposed to if i scratched my arm, theres no desire to keep scratching.

what could this be?

my skin is so gross to touch now.. wow my whole face really is just one big serious bump :/

today i havent ingested anything out of the ordinary so its a bit weird. could the makeup be fueling something on my face there? i heard you can get yeast/candida over-growth on your face but can it arise in literally a non-inflamed entire pore-affecting way? just imagine sticking very fine sand all over a smooth face - thats how it feels and somewhat looks. i cant believe how different my face is every single day and every given time.

i dont wanna use chemicals or anything on my face and im kinda more concerned of what caused it rather than how to get rid of it asap. does it sound like anything people know of ?

maybe its because im thinking about it but whilst writing the last paragraph i literally scratched my neck, my ear, my forehead, both cheeks and now my eyebrow is itchy :/ i didnt even put makeup on half those places.

I think my face gets itchy after eating wheat but I'm still unsure about this. Healing spots/keratinized pores feel like they have straight up small shards of glass in/on them though.

I think my face gets itchy after eating wheat but I'm still unsure about this. Healing spots/keratinized pores feel like they have straight up small shards of glass in/on them though.

I eat wheat every day throughout the day and in combination with the regime, it has no effect on my apart from a good source of fibre! I don't understand how weat can cause, inflame, or aggravate acne, in my opinion eating wheat would help acne, if you believe in the 'clearing toxins' way of treating acne.

Sorry that my reply was to yours and not the actual post

I eat wheat every day throughout the day and in combination with the regime, it has no effect on my apart from a good source of fibre! I don't understand how weat can cause, inflame, or aggravate acne, in my opinion eating wheat would help acne, if you believe in the 'clearing toxins' way of treating acne.

Sorry that my reply was to yours and not the actual post

Kyle.

I'm really glad the regimen is clearing you up and you feel that wheat is a healthy source of fiber for you.

But it's not.

Plenty of people have intolerances to it and as you may or may not now gluten (which is a by-product of wheat and the baking process) sensitivity is on the rise. The truth is, wheat takes more nutrients away from the rest of your meal by blocking the absorption of said nutrients in the small intestine. I'd speak more about it but I have to go to work. There's plenty of information on the subject here in this forum/the internet in general if no one comes along to break it down for you (something wheat products/grains in general don't do very well inside of you).

it sounds like the allergic reaction I get to formaldehyde containing products. Allergic reactions are, contrary to popular belief, generally triggered by something we've used for years - not new products.

The ingredient that I had an initial reaction to was quartenium-15, if I recall correctly. It was in neutrogena healthy skin foundation - oh, the irony.

At any rate, discontinue the makeup, be gentle with your skin, and believe us when we tell you gluten is bad, real bad, mmkay?

Edited by ayla

As far as makeup goes, mineral makeup is the way to go. It provides coverage while not being as likely to be absorbed by the skin as many other chemicals in liquid concealer. Many foundations use irritating ingredients or comedogenic ingredients that might be causing problems.

Definitely avoid the wheat even if you don't think it's an acne trigger.

thanks for your help guys, i rarely use makeup so i wonder why all of a sudden i might have an allergic reaction to it. somehow im not sure it might all be that has i havnt worn makeup today and i cant still itch my face and realise im itchy and itch. i didnt use the makeup all over my face, but kinda under my chin/neck and still the cheeks are a bit itchy, still have all those raised pores. ive made myself believe im allergic to eggs, so i might go get some more tests done on possible foods im allergic to. i now have a weird breakout on my forehead but its kinda near my hairline/sides of forehead..evently on both sides about 4-5 big bumps, not whiteheads, just hard to tough bumps.. its weird how theyre on the exact same spot on either side of my forehead. i cant believe how my life is based around acne -_- seems like the problems will never stop.

Edited by FSAS

Is it a new bottle of makeup that you just opened up for the first time? They are reformulated often. Or maybe it went bad if it's really old?