Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Justinnn

Shaving! Please Help!

I've had acne for two years now. I recently went to the derm and was prescribed certain meds such as; doxycycline, tretinoin, and clindamycin . I have been on these meds for a little bit over a month now, I really started to notice the difference, My face was pretty clear until I decided to shave 2 days ago. It seems as every time I shave my face becomes very very oily and I start to break out. I didn't even shave my whole face just my beard and mustache but my whole face still breaks out. I tried shaving in the shower - doesn't work, when I get out of the shower - doesn't work. I even have a nice shaver but it inst electric.

I would appreciate if someone can reply and help me out ASAP!!!!

-Thanks

Edited by Justinnn

Use the cleanser that you use to wash your face to shave with, as long as it's a clear, gentle, foaming cleanser, then you will be fine, and when you wash the rest of your face, don't wash your shaven parts of your face.

Use a 2 blade razor.

Apply a small amount of jojoba oil before and after shaving, when your dry of course.

Nothing much more I can advise you with, the above it what helps me.