Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FSAS

Is Seeing A Chinese Herbalist Worth The Money?

I'm seriously starting to doubt anything can help me, a given - i've never tried antibiotics or accutane only birth control and spiro but I dont want to cave and end up back on spiro and i will never touch anti-biotics. trying to go as natural as I can, of course i want to get off diane but at this rate as im getting worse with all my changes I think ill end up selling my soul to just stay on it.

i cant believe how much i've changed the past 4 or so months and getting worse.

I dont even want to wake up in the morning and life is really hard when my acne is as moody as all hell. theres no real consistency.

it seems like nothing is wrong with me, ..but there has to be right?

is acne just a gene? i know my acne is very hormonal related or the pill/spiro wouldnt have responded and i wouldnt get flareups like crazy before my period but my acne is so not clear just staying on diane.

i was thinking of seeing a chinese herbalist in my area. he's not Chinese but seems to have a lot of 'credit' for being experiences and his qualifications are:

Bachelor of Science in Biology

Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies (TCM)

Master of Science in Traditional Chinese Medicine

Doctorate of Law

Registered Acupuncturist and

Chinese Herbal Medicine Practitioner (VIC)

Diplomate in Acupuncture and

Chinese Herbal Medicine (NCCAOM)

Member, Australian Acupuncture and

Chinese Herbal Medicine Association (AACMA)

VCAT Tribunal Member for Disciplinary Hearings on Professional Conduct of

Registered Health Care Practitioners

Clinical Supervisor, RMIT - Chinese Medicine

Reference Group Member,

Chinese Medicine Registration Board

Practitioner Mentor,

Chinese Medicine Registration Board

do you think its worth me spending the money on seeing him and using herbs?

has anyone had success with chinese medicine/herbs?

When I was in China I did some acupuncture and fire cupping for my fatigue and neck pain. It seemed to help a little. I also took some Chinese medicine and have a friend who studies at one of the schools in China for medicine. They have thousands of years of trial and error with herbs. The thing is that they don't start to work for a longer time than western drugs. In America they probably cost alot though and insurance doesn't cover much if any.

You can just order or buy a few different herbs that are effective for clearing up your skin at your nearest health store. It would be cheaper this way.

You can just order or buy a few different herbs that are effective for clearing up your skin at your nearest health store. It would be cheaper this way.

do you know a list of effective herbs? :) im pretty clueless. I thought maybe herbs that helped digestions and de-toxing might be better but i have no idea :/

Focus on diet more than adding in herbs. "moody as hell" (mood disorders in general) are directly related to your gut function. I wouldn't waste my money on an herbalist. Invest your money into the book "Gut and Psychology Syndrome" by Dr Natasa Campbell Mcbride. It's a super easy read and goes into gut imbalance and how it relates to brain function. It explains how your gut is your second brain and has a very easy to follow (paelo type) diet to regain your gut health/skin and sanity at the same time. Best money I ever invested, hands down and that is saying a lot considering the thousands of dollars I spent on naturopaths, herbalists, vitamins/supplements etc. This gets to the core of the issue and shows you how to regain your health. Their are chat boards across the internet discussing the GAPS DIET. Just google it.