Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blooper111

Accutane Heal Scars?

Can accutane heal scars?

any type of scar, hyperpigmentation, indented etc...?

I'm starting accutane in about a week, just waiting for results from y blood test, I don't have particuliarly severe acne, just very persistant and I've been on a number of antibiotics so I'll most likely start a low dose of accutane

A lot of people say it makes it worse, but some people also say it helps with healing. I don't know what the answer is, maybe it's different for different people. I've been on Accutane for only three weeks now but I feel like my overall skin texture is a lot smoother, and what used to look like they might have been indents no longer look like indents, and my redness seems to fade a little more each day. But I am also on Erythromycin so that could be playing a role too.

Good luck!

A lot of people say it makes it worse, but some people also say it helps with healing. I don't know what the answer is, maybe it's different for different people. I've been on Accutane for only three weeks now but I feel like my overall skin texture is a lot smoother, and what used to look like they might have been indents no longer look like indents, and my redness seems to fade a little more each day. But I am also on Erythromycin so that could be playing a role too.

Good luck!

hmm interesting that you are on an antibiotic and accutane at the same time.

i'm just so glad to be off antibiotics, i've been on them for way too long and its so discouraging after i get clear and then break out a couple months later twice as bad

Good luck!

hmm interesting that you are on an antibiotic and accutane at the same time.

i'm just so glad to be off antibiotics, i've been on them for way too long and its so discouraging after i get clear and then break out a couple months later twice as bad

I thought it was interesting too, but my dermatologist seems like she knows what she's doing. I'm so sorry about your experience with antibiotics, this is actually my first time on antibiotics so I'm kind of glad I'm on Accutane at the same time so that it won't get worse once I stop them (because I'm going to stop them and then still be on Accutane for a few months)

No it prolongs the healing process of pimples. I still have some marks from pimples I got 4 months ago when I first started accutane. When you stop breaking out and all you have is some fading red marks though, it doesn't seem nearly as bad.

Well, I don't really break out too bad anymore since I've been on solodyn (115mg)for about three months. Although I am just left with some dark scars and some acne that is very persistant and won't go away with antibiotics

I'm just waiting for my blood test to come back, and some days I am on the brink of whether I should start accutane or not