Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StephenMcl

What Foods Are Good For Clearing Acne

Hello everyone, i am currently on dalacin t topical lotion and lymeceline antibiotics but not having much success, also a few months back i stopped eating all together in an attempt to clear my face, it cleared a little, but i also lost about 3 stone, and my family were commenting on how thin i looked. I want to know, what foods can i eat that are definately not going to worsen my acne and what foods will make it better. Thanks everyone look forward to your replies :).

There is no formula for what to eat that applies to everyone... everyone is sensitive to different foods and needs to cut out certain foods from their diet, or at least eat less of certain things.

Wheat and gluten-containing foods are a good idea for EVERYONE to cut back on, as they tend to cause inflammation in the body, as far as I know.

Keep a food journal and see how you feel after eating certain things.

It won't make a huge difference but carrots (because they contain beta-carotene) and Rooibos tea (anti-oxidant with tannins... good effects for skin) and Rooibos tea are two things that seem to help keep my skin in balance.

green tea, omega 3 (fish) is good for clearing acne

"acne earsing secret" and "the love vitamin" are genious when we talk about diet and acne, basicly avoid white rice, white pasta, white sugars. Also, you might wanna try dairy and gluten free diet for 1 month.

Veggies are great for overall skin and body health. Especially leafy green veggies such as spinach and kale which are loaded with nutrition even though they have a very small amount of calories and seem really flimsy. The more veggies the better.

Wheat, dairy, soy and sugar are all horrible for you, common acne triggers and horrible for your skin, so stay away from them as much as possible,

Eat plenty of anti-inflammatory foods such as herbs and spices and fats such as Omega-3 fish oils, coconut oil and olive oil.

sweet potatoes are really nutritious. they have about 500-700% vit a per potato. THey're only good if you bake them and dip them in ketchup though ;p

Eat greek yogurt, bananas, .. then oranges.. grapes.. and apples... then strawberries, and blue berries... then some tomatoes and garlic, and ginger.. then eat some broccoli and potatoes.. then each some mushrooms and kale... and then some sweet potatoes and carrots....then some almonds, brazil nuts, and cashews.. then eat some tilapia fish and salmon, then.. eat some chicken and turkey.. then eat a ton of brown rice .. and finish off with whole milk and oats... then! acne cured! isn't that awesome? lol im just kidding..

wheat is indeed bad.. i dont get why people are obsessed with wheat.. and bread products.. they're bland, dry and tasteless... and eating them as a major component is a no no. Donuts, english muffins, white bread, wheat bread, pizza bread, burger bread, wheat pasta, just stop eating bread altogether! and generally stop eating mostly just carbs.

sweet potatoes are really nutritious. they have about 500-700% vit a per potato. THey're only good if you bake them and dip them in ketchup though ;p

I would avoid starchy foods including sweet potatoes as they feed a bad gut environment. Fruits are also good for you and loaded with antioxidants. However, most people with acne have compromised gut function so in order to starve out the pathogens (candida yeasts/parasites/bad bacteria) I would suggest avoiding it for a short time (at least a few weeks). Suggestions would be avoid Gluten/Grains, Dairy (except yogurt), processed foods and sugars, high starchy foods ilke potatoes/sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes are good for you when you have a healthy digestive tract but for those that don't the high starch in them will feed the bad bacteria. The best thing to do is make sure your foods are easily digestible, possibly take a digestive enzyme (I like garden of lifes Qzyme). Lots of home made soup broths, cook your veggies until soft, put a focus on grass fed meats and use the veggies in place of wheats/grains. You will get needed carbs from the veggies. You can saute in coconut oil or in refined olive oil. There are lots of awesome recipes out there for coconut flour biscuits/muffins etc, that can help you as you transition. I would basically suggest more of a paleo (caveman diet) way of eating, but if you wanted to get more in depth the Specific Carbohydrate Diet by Elaine Gotshall is a great diet to starve pathogens out of the gut and will therefore restore not only your skin but your overall health. http://www.breakingt....info/index.htm

Edited by myheartsholistic

Cauliflower, kale, bags of baby carrots/grapes (for snacking, I usually bring these to work), shiitake mushrooms (cheaper if you live near an asian supermarket), celery, any veggie you can think of, really. If you want to go all out you could always try a hypoallergenic/rotation(recommended)/elimination diet to see if you're sensitive to things like tomatoes (nightshades).

Also sites like these I love for recipes/substitutions. Made an awesome low-sugar pumpkin pie last month.

http://www.freecoconutrecipes.com/index.htm

http://nomnompaleo.com/

http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com/

I'm 14 weeks into an all out 100% natural dietary based assault on acne.

I've suffered from chronic acne for 15 years, the Acne.org regimen DOES work for me, it was a blessing to me when I first signed up here 8 years ago, but I'm fed up with it because it's not curative. I'm going after a cure and I'm pretty sure I've cracked it. I've recored my progress and taken pics and I plan to post it all on here in a few weeks and explain everything I learned before deciding to start this regimen.

My diet is mostly fruit, as much sub-acid and sweet fruits as I want, I mostly stay away from acid fruits (except lemon squeezed in water). I eat fruit all day then have a big salad at night, or a lightly cooked gluten free vegan meal at night. This isn't a life-time diet, just a curative/detox diet. (though my diet will be about 95% healthy foods for the rest of my life)

Plus I take herbal tinctures every day to activate my lazy organs and glands.

What I learned and what I now know to be true is that all the foods that are good for acne will initially make it worse.

Fruits cleanses your system and will make your skin will purge.

I'm going to make a big detailed thread about this soon, I'm certain this will work to CURE ALL ACNE COMPLETELY! I don't even say that lightly, there's just no way if followed that this won't work.

Is it easy? HELL NO!

I had to get worse to truly get better. Most of the past 14 weeks I've spent on self imposed house arrest because my skin got so bad and SO painful, I was almost unrecognizable and at one point my face retained water and swelled up like a balloon. I used no treatments whatsoever other than the diet and herbal tinctures. I almost gave up and thought it wasn't working, but remembering what I've learnt and experienced, and not wanting to go through another 15 years of suffering, I kept going and the past 2 weeks my skin has took a serious turn for the better.

Acne is inner toxicity, an acidic and stagnant lymphatic system. The way to clear this lymphatic stagnation is with high energy, alkalizing, high water astringent fruits to move the lymph, and herbal tinctures to activate the adrenal glands and kidneys which open the exit doors for the lymph to be expelled.

Underactive adrenal glands and kidneys and a stagnant lymph system are why we have acne.

All other explanations or studies, scientific or otherwise only look at part of the picture and when you understand the adrenal/kidney/lymph view point, you will understand all other explanations, because they are all related to adrenal/kidney/lymph also.

I'm going to make a big thread explaining all this once I'm done walking the walk.

Basically, fruits are the best foods for acne, but they might seem to be the opposite at first, and if like me you've spent many many years suppressing your acne, expect pain.

Dairy is the worst food you can consume, that includes raw dairy. I'm vegetarian yet I would rather eat bacon for breakfast and steak for dinner every day than have a glass of milk a day.

I'll also say that antibiotics, ALL antibiotics, are a big mistake. Completely the wrong path to go down.

That is if you want a true cure.

Some peole are happy to fend off symptoms their whole lives and that's up to them.

I'm 14 weeks into an all out 100% natural dietary based assault on acne.

I've suffered from chronic acne for 15 years, the Acne.org regimen DOES work for me, it was a blessing to me when I first signed up here 8 years ago, but I'm fed up with it because it's not curative. I'm going after a cure and I'm pretty sure I've cracked it. I've recored my progress and taken pics and I plan to post it all on here in a few weeks and explain everything I learned before deciding to start this regimen.

My diet is mostly fruit, as much sub-acid and sweet fruits as I want, I mostly stay away from acid fruits (except lemon squeezed in water). I eat fruit all day then have a big salad at night, or a lightly cooked gluten free vegan meal at night. This isn't a life-time diet, just a curative/detox diet. (though my diet will be about 95% healthy foods for the rest of my life)

Plus I take herbal tinctures every day to activate my lazy organs and glands.

What I learned and what I now know to be true is that all the foods that are good for acne will initially make it worse.

Fruits cleanses your system and will make your skin will purge.

I'm going to make a big detailed thread about this soon, I'm certain this will work to CURE ALL ACNE COMPLETELY! I don't even say that lightly, there's just no way if followed that this won't work.

Is it easy? HELL NO!

I had to get worse to truly get better. Most of the past 14 weeks I've spent on self imposed house arrest because my skin got so bad and SO painful, I was almost unrecognizable and at one point my face retained water and swelled up like a balloon. I used no treatments whatsoever other than the diet and herbal tinctures. I almost gave up and thought it wasn't working, but remembering what I've learnt and experienced, and not wanting to go through another 15 years of suffering, I kept going and the past 2 weeks my skin has took a serious turn for the better.

Acne is inner toxicity, an acidic and stagnant lymphatic system. The way to clear this lymphatic stagnation is with high energy, alkalizing, high water astringent fruits to move the lymph, and herbal tinctures to activate the adrenal glands and kidneys which open the exit doors for the lymph to be expelled.

Underactive adrenal glands and kidneys and a stagnant lymph system are why we have acne.

All other explanations or studies, scientific or otherwise only look at part of the picture and when you understand the adrenal/kidney/lymph view point, you will understand all other explanations, because they are all related to adrenal/kidney/lymph also.

I'm going to make a big thread explaining all this once I'm done walking the walk.

Basically, fruits are the best foods for acne, but they might seem to be the opposite at first, and if like me you've spent many many years suppressing your acne, expect pain.

Dairy is the worst food you can consume, that includes raw dairy. I'm vegetarian yet I would rather eat bacon for breakfast and steak for dinner every day than have a glass of milk a day.

I'll also say that antibiotics, ALL antibiotics, are a big mistake. Completely the wrong path to go down.

That is if you want a true cure.

Some peole are happy to fend off symptoms their whole lives and that's up to them.

Exercising is probably the best way to get your lymphatic system moving, btw.

It's not about what you should eat, it's about what you shouldn't eat.Avoid wheat, grains, corn, starchy vegetables, root vegetables, dairy, gluten, and the obvious. Just try and eat as much whole foods as you can, non-processed (nothing that's been on the shelves at the grocery store).