Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
qrovn134

Aha Moisturizer/gel Post 30% At-Home Glycolic Acid Peel?

Generally you would want to avoid using any AHA/BHA products after a peel as that could be highly irritating. I've personally found even very mild BHA products quite irritating after a peel (although they resulted in nothing more than redness).

One thing I've found is that, strangely, your skin sometimes experiences the most irritation a few days after the peel, probably due the fact that new skin is being exposed and it's much more sensitive. So, even if your skin seems pretty much fine and normal now, the day after, it might get worse and become more sensitive in the next few days, so you want to make sure you treat it delicately. I'm speaking from my experience using salicylic peels and lactic peels, although I imagine glycolic works similarly.

If your skin is really tough and you experienced no irritation after the peel (no redness, etc), it might be okay, although I would suggest just trying it on a small part of your face to see how it goes (such as on the upper right or left of your forehead, where your hair might cover the spot and hide any severe irritation that does occur).