Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Professional

Best Way To Prevent Irritation Around The Mouth?

I have a problem most of you have likely never had, whenever I eat a food that requires me to open my mouth wide or if I talk or smile a lot throughout the day, I get a massive inflamed acne that lasts for days in the "crease" area underneat the mouth.

I can literally feel the irritation build up throughout the day and it's sickening because this has been my #1 acne problem since I was about 12 and this comes and goes every two weeks.

here's a picture for reference:

7gDPH.png

Any tips on how to stop this? I'm tired of having to mumble when I talk and having to stop eating foods I enjoy because it causes too much irritation...

Is this area chapped/dry? Can you see blackheads or whiteheads forming? Does it itch? What type of acne is the results of this irritation? What toothpaste do you use?

Is this area chapped/dry? Can you see blackheads or whiteheads forming? Does it itch? What type of acne is the results of this irritation? What toothpaste do you use?

Nope the area is never chapped/dry

never see any blackheads or whiteheads

Never itches

And the acne that causes this irritation isn't exactly acne at all. It's the hyper pigmentation/red mark from the previous pimple that eventually gets irritated AGAIN and creates another inflamed pimple. It's like giant cycle. As for toothpaste I use Sensodyne, but the toothpaste never touches that area...

Silly question? Is it acne? You stated that it's not really acne at all.....Was it at one time an inflamed acne pimple/blister? So, you have had the same "pimple" inflammation since you were 12? Have you ever visited a Derm for a diagnosis? I'm just throwing it out there...but are you sure it's not a type of wart? My baby sister had those in the same exact area you pointed out in the pic and it was the same cycle. She would pick it off and a week later it would be back. Eventually she had a derm burn or lance it off. That I'm not 100%. Though, I know she went to the derm to finish it off-for good!

Yep, this area was the FIRST time I ever started getting pimples, I used to be a very talkative teen and the irritation from talking led to this breakout. Never visited a derm, family is broke and no health insurance, just started a job and the best derm I can get to is the walk in clinics but those people aren't really dermatologists but just general doctors.

The massive pimple I had just Friday is like 90% gone now, but it'll be back in 2 weeks again.