Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nelo18

Make-Up For Guys. Help!

so i decided i wanna try some makeup to help hide my marks and even my skin tone (dont make fun of me, guys want nice skin too, u kno).

im looking for something that looks "natural" on skin and affordable.

under $20 would great, i went on sephora website and nearly had a damn heart attack just looking at the prices. i sympathize for u ladies, being a girl seems a little more expensive (*Moderator edit - unnecessary*)

whats better for acne prone skin, mineral, liquid, powder ?

i saw some youtube videos and read some reviews, and revlon colorstay liquid foundation seems good.

thats the one im leaning on right now, is it any good for guys?

well, yea. send me ur recommendations.

thanks.

I only wear make up on special occasions, such as an interview, prom, party etc. I wouldn't bother on a day to day basis though.

It's defiantly a trend worth following to even skin tone and hide acne marks. But it's important to find the right balance - applying too much can look unnatural, especially if you have active acne.

I would suggest wearing a mineral powder.

Edited by Avenger

Nelo18, you're adorable. And yes, makeup is very expensive.

If you're skin is sensitive at all to breakouts, which I'm guessing it is, wearing makeup is going to be a gamble. Some people don't notice breakouts from their makeup until 6 months later, and by that point it's very hard to say your makeup is the cause because the time lapse has been so great, you're confounded with too many variables.

With that being said, I urge you to be very careful. Now, my recommendation is BB cream! I think it works like a charm. BB stands for blemish balm. You could read up on it and see what I mean:

It is said that the formula comes from Germany where dermatologists prescribe it to heal laser skin surgery because it has soothing and skin-regenerating properties. Famous South Korean actresses then began using it for beauty purposes and since Asian dramas are huge all over, a craze was born. The trend that started in Korea first spread to Japan then to South East Asia and is now quickly making its way to Europe and the USA.

not trying to hate on you whatsoever, everyone has got their insecurities or whatever. but for me no matter how bad my acne could get or was, i'd never wear makeup just dont think it's right on guys. i know a lot girls wear that loreal stuff or something like that, just ask a girl you know she'd help.

Nelo18, you're adorable. And yes, makeup is very expensive.

If you're skin is sensitive at all to breakouts, which I'm guessing it is, wearing makeup is going to be a gamble. Some people don't notice breakouts from their makeup until 6 months later, and by that point it's very hard to say your makeup is the cause because the time lapse has been so great, you're confounded with too many variables.

With that being said, I urge you to be very careful. Now, my recommendation is BB cream! I think it works like a charm. BB stands for blemish balm. You could read up on it and see what I mean:

It is said that the formula comes from Germany where dermatologists prescribe it to heal laser skin surgery because it has soothing and skin-regenerating properties. Famous South Korean actresses then began using it for beauty purposes and since Asian dramas are huge all over, a craze was born. The trend that started in Korea first spread to Japan then to South East Asia and is now quickly making its way to Europe and the USA.

I'm not sure how skin-regenerating it is, but it does cover blemishes and it's worked for me in the past! My two creams of choice are first BRTC Jasmine Water BB cream, and this BRTC Perfect Recover Balm BB cream.

They are typically sold in one color and blend into your skintone. A bit odd I know, but it worked for me. They are moisturizing, smell great, blend like a dream, and looks very natural. They also have SPF and supposedly give back to your skin too.

Good luck! Hope this helped.

would the BB cream work on brown skin since it comes in one color?

Good question. I think BB cream is sold in different shades if your skin is darker. I hear Missha No. 31 BB cream is great for darker skin tones.

Good question. I think BB cream is sold in different shades if your skin is darker. I hear Missha No. 31 BB cream is great for darker skin tones.

i'll look in to it. i tried revlon colorstay and since its "medium coverage" u can kinda tell i had make up on. so i need something with just a little tinsy winsy coverage. thank you btw