Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nick1988

My Scars! (And How I Plan To Get Rid Of The Bastards)

Hi guys!

I was thinking about starting dermarolling using Lamarr's protocol from these boards, and thought I should share my journey with you guys!

Now, before you look at the pictures, the camera does not do the scarring any justice. The scar I have circled in the second photo is actually visible (the whole area that I have circled) in harsh lighing from at least a couple of yards, which is really bumming me out, It kinda looks like someone took a stamp and stamped that thing on my face.

My dermatologist says that my scarring is minor, and I tend to agree except for the biggest scar which as I said can be seen from a distance > 50 cm, but tends to "disappear" in softer lighting, or when you get closer (first photo).

Any thoughts about the severity of my scars, or if dermarolling would be the way to go would be greatly appreciated! smile.png

Edit: I finally found some good artificial lights where I could show how the scars look at their worst! Check out the three latest photos!

Keep your heads high, we can do this!

Edited by Nick1988

I was unsure about how to treat my scaring so I went to see a plastic surgeon. This may be the best thing for you because they know what they are doing and what steps you will need to do. I wouldnt trust your dermatologist. The reason why I say this is because a lot of them are just after your money and you wont see any results at all. I paid over $2000 for 20 microdermabrasions and saw no change to my face.

I don't think your scarring's that bad at all. My advice would be to not faff about with your skin. It looks perfectly fine and tbh I could barely see anything. It's only worth thinking about treating scars when yours are as bad as mine are.

Seriously, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Don't waste your money on laser treatments. Those are so minor, and even if the camera doesn't do justice, they are not disfiguring like some people have on this site, myself included. Do yourself a favor and stop being so self-conscious.

I thought I wasn't a superficial guy (I mean, I have other acne scars that don't bother me), but I guess I might be :P If you seriously believe that I shouldn't worry about those scars, then I'll try to stop. :)

I thought I wasn't a superficial guy (I mean, I have other acne scars that don't bother me), but I guess I might be tongue.png If you seriously believe that I shouldn't worry about those scars, then I'll try to stop. smile.png

What have you tried so far Nick1988? Any creams? Peels? Anything?

Damn, I'm sorry guys. I guess I'm a shallow idiot :P

I've been majorly freaking out over this, but this has kinda brought me back to earth a little bit. Did you seriously see all the pictures? :P I feel that the last ones really looks horrible!

@Pord, I've needled the biggest scar and dermarolled it once so far, using LEDs and Terproline Professional.

Thanks for your replies guys, I'll get on with my life then I guess :P

Seriously, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Don't waste your money on laser treatments. Those are so minor, and even if the camera doesn't do justice, they are not disfiguring like some people have on this site, myself included. Do yourself a favor and stop being so self-conscious.

Did you even read what you said before you posted it?

That's like saying do yourself a favour and cure yourself of 'insert illness' here.

Ur a good looking guy, people arent even guna notice ur little scars....seriouslly, chill ok. U look fine!

Argh, this box ate my comment :(

Basically, I just wanted to chime in and say your scars (even at their "worst") aren't very noticeable at all! If we're assuming that your scars really do look in real life at least like the ones in your "worst" pictures, then I'm guessing you probably don't have to go through any big laser treatments and fork over thousands of dollars in cash. I'm not well-versed at all in scar procedures though, so I'll just wish you the best of luck. I have fairly shallow scarring myself, so I feel your pain - even if your scarring isn't necessarily that noticeable to other people it's still often the first thing you fixate on when you look at your reflection.

Scars ? What scars ? I don't see any scars !!!

Ditto !

To the @OP consider yourself lucky you have nothing to worry about just have a look on this forum and you will realise what scars actually mean, and how they have dented a lot of people's confidence including me. You dont even have a issue (Scar) to worry about !!

To be perfectly honest, I didn't notice any scars either until I saw the pic where you pointed them out. You have nothing to worry about because in a few months/years time I'm sure they will get slightly better to the point where you wont even notice them either.