Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JA1

To Those Who Have Successfully Beaten Red Marks/pih

I'm just curious --

for those who have successfully beaten or are now beating PIH, did your marks

1.) Fade slowly over time, and you noticed gradual improvement

2.) Remain the exact same color until one moment when they started to go away quickly

i know PIH can take a while to go away, but I guess I'm just curious about what to expect -- should I expect slow, gradual fading, and improvement over time, or should I expect to be stuck with the same mark intensity (be it for weeks or months) until one period when they rapidly begin to go away?

Thanks guys

Well, they will fade slowly and you really won't even notice their progress unless you are taking pictures. The good news is that they will go away; they aren't real scars and your skin will replenish. Hypothetically, if your acne was cured %100 today, the hyper-pigmented marks should be almost all the way faded within a month.

i had a huge red mark on my cheek for months so i bought the proactiv dark spot corrector and it was gone within two weeks! its a miracle product. it did slowly fade tho but enough for me to notice!

my marks are not completely gone. they have been there for about 3 months. but the size did shrink a lot. just that there's like a cluster of 6/7 of them, looks like i have acne. :( for those whose marks disappeared totally, and naturally, how long did it actually took?

I used to have acne on my back and my upper arms, then it went away with this topical spray. Now, it's been around 2 years and the marks on my upper back are gone, and the ones on my upper arms are faded but not 100% faded. The PIE on my face has faded over time but I keep getting new pimples and they keep leaving red marks so I've always had these red marks on my face, or post inflammatory erythea.

I think if a scar is red it's a sign that it's healing. I remember when i removed a mole and the skin was bright, flaring red for months...and eventually at about a year the redness is completely gone.

i had a huge red mark on my cheek for months so i bought the proactiv dark spot corrector and it was gone within two weeks! its a miracle product. it did slowly fade tho but enough for me to notice!

ya i guess so, well i use proactiv so i feel like that bleaches my skin a little but i had that mark since april and i finally bought the dark spot corrector in august and it helped big time! like a said, i noticed results within the first two weeks. now you cant see anything!