Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
diareads

Has Anyone Heard Of Beauty Detox Solution?

I am curious if anyone has tried this book, Beauty Detox Solution by Kimberly Snyder. Its like a detox diet book that has a bunch of information in it about health, basically everything and then some that I have learned from the holistic section of the forums. I am going to be giving this a go.

It's all rather interesting and sounds pretty valid. I am going to do the process slowly but was wondering if anyone has had any success?? I mean, the food pairing is something I have never heard of! Check this out! She has her own website too http://www.kimberlysnyder.net/

:D

I personally have not read the book, however from what I have gleaned from other reviews and the synopsis is that she is a raw vegan and thinks we were all meant to be herbivores. I would highly disagree with this. Most vegans shouldn't even be called vegetarians or vegans they should be called "graintarians" because most of them eat large amounts of grains which are not good for you as they only eat plant life/grains so they are pretty limited. I don't agree with long term vegans/vegetarians. I believe if this was the proper way for us to eat as vegetarian, we would be able to get all the nutrients we need from the plant source, but this is not the case, most vegans and vegetarians are deficient in the B vitamins as these do not come readily from non animal sources. With that said I haven't read the whole book and green smoothies are a great way to get your nutrients, so I think using this concept with a paleo type diet (focus on grass fed meats, soaked nuts and seeds) could be a good mix. I personally would never resort to being vegan or vegetarian as it is extremely hard (if not impossible) to heal a compromised gut with a strictly veggie diet. Meat supplies needed glutathione for your body to heal and detox. I'm all for green smoothies for glowing skin though. Cheers!

Edited by myheartsholistic

I love this book. I recently bought it and it has really helped me clear my skin and lose weight. I also have a lot more energy. I do not, however, believe it is for everyone. But for me, it has definitely helped.

I personally have not read the book, however from what I have gleaned from other reviews and the synopsis is that she is a raw vegan and thinks we were all meant to be herbivores. I would highly disagree with this. Most vegans shouldn't even be called vegetarians or vegans they should be called "graintarians" because most of them eat large amounts of grains which are not good for you as they only eat plant life/grains so they are pretty limited. I don't agree with long term vegans/vegetarians. I believe if this was the proper way for us to eat as vegetarian, we would be able to get all the nutrients we need from the plant source, but this is not the case, most vegans and vegetarians are deficient in the B vitamins as these do not come readily from non animal sources. With that said I haven't read the whole book and green smoothies are a great way to get your nutrients, so I think using this concept with a paleo type diet (focus on grass fed meats, soaked nuts and seeds) could be a good mix. I personally would never resort to being vegan or vegetarian as it is extremely hard (if not impossible) to heal a compromised gut with a strictly veggie diet. Meat supplies needed glutathione for your body to heal and detox. I'm all for green smoothies for glowing skin though. Cheers!

I can see what you mean by this, but she is not a raw vegan she is just a vegetarian. And although she does promote it, this book is for meat eaters too because she include certain paths meat eaters can take which I plan to. I was a little alarmed however that she did not mention B vitamins for reading vegans and vegetarians..