Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DainBramaged

Can This Improve Indented Scars?

Four days ago, I was massaging a stitches scar I have on my cheek. It seems though like I overdid it, maybe I stretched it a bit more than I wanted, and the area turned red for a few days. What is interesting though is that appart from the fact that the redness is almost gone by now (after some minor peeling of the surface of the skin), the scar appears to have improved. I'm not sure if it raised, but it's certainly smoother than before.

Could this actually help my scar? Like breaking the tissue? Is it possible that collagen is produced? Or could it make it worse (it's 2 months old)?

Thank you.

personally i think massaging helps as soon as the skin surface has healed enough to take the massage. It helps with collagen production i believe. ive been giving my healing scar a good massage twice a day when applying post procedure oils

Edited by gbl

I think 2 months are enough for a scar to heal. What kind of oils are you applying? Has your scar improved noticeably?

Edited by DainBramaged

Guest pokemonster

i wonder about this too, and i hope not, but what if its just a temporary swelling effect from all that massaging tho? =/

also if its collagen, can it rly be generated that soon?? 0_o afterall its such a complicated to get and has complex molecule and whatnot? :s

anyhow u should report back after some days how its looking then!

I agree, it cannot be collagen, my question was about the long term effects of breaking scar tissue. But the improvement does not have to do with swelling, because none existed. The only thing I could suspect is that because of the surface of the skin being damaged a bit (although my massaging was not that intense), the texture of the scar became similar to that of the surrounding area, giving the impression of smothness (it had that annoying, shinny look before, but it is now highly reduced). I guess I'll have to wait a bit more to see if it returns to its previous condition and make conclusions.

2 months isnt long enough for a scar to be healed. In my experience, its only after about 6 months you know what you'e left with

2 months isnt long enough for a scar to be healed. In my experience, its only after about 6 months you know what you'e left with

Some people even argure up to one year.