Notifications
Clear all

Butter/cod Liver Oil For Acne

MemberMember
(@finally808)

Posted : 11/17/2011 1:19 am

Hello!

I have never posted on this site before, but have followed the forums and reviews for the past couple years. I have struggled with acne for 8 years. I have been on every single antibiotic prescribed for acne in the U.S.A. Even on these pills and after trying various topicals (including the Regimen), my skin has always been irritated and broken out.

I just started taking a cod liver/butter oil blend. My skin is AMAZING. I have been on these capsules for 2 days and I cannot, cannot, cannot believe how beautiful, non-red, and non-broken out my skin is. My blemishes are literally disappearing. I take 2 capsules in the AM and 2 capsules in the PM. I have only washed with Cetaphil and used Cerave moisturizer, in order to gauge the effects of the capsules alone. I am on no other medications/skin supplements. I hope this can help someone, because I have tried being a vegan, eating gluten free, eating only fruits and vegetables, and taking bunches and bunches of probiotics/zinc and nothing has worked. Until now.

MemberMember
(@zippi771)

Posted : 11/19/2011 3:37 am

I heard really good things about this combo. You get the A, D and K vitamins. Is the brand you are using Green Pasture?

Glad you found something that has helped you.

What's your diet like?

MemberMember
(@finally808)

Posted : 11/20/2011 5:02 pm

Hello!

Yes, that is the brand. I didn't want to say it because I'm not advertising for them, and I don't have any reason to believe this brand is superior to others. I have tried just about everything (I can't do Accutane) and I'm hoping this post helps others :)

My diet is horrible. I rarely eat fruits and veggies, lots of starches, but I do limit my meat consumption (I just don't like the taste/ don't crave it). I take 3 capsules of this supplement in the morning and 3 at night. My skin is beautiful. I still have red marks, but those will probably take awhile to fade away. Overall, my general redness has decreased immensely.

There are a few blogs that have others experiences of this supplement, and I encourage you to google them to see if this is right for you :)

MemberMember
(@rockingredhead)

Posted : 01/08/2012 12:37 pm

Where did you get that stuff? I have a New Frontiers close by and one local health food store. I looked on the website and it's $47 for the BO/CLO capsules!!!

I read Weston Price's book and he mentions bo/clo many many times. If I find any bo/clo capsules I will for sure get them! I couldn't handle swallowing a spoonful of oil (gag) but capsules sound just fine:)

keep us updated!!!

MemberMember
(@squirtle)

Posted : 02/14/2012 1:05 am

Has anyone else tried this supplement?

MemberMember
(@freshpowder)

Posted : 01/15/2014 10:36 pm

It is a breath of fresh air to come across this thread!

Very recently I have come across cod liver oil. I came across it in a health site's page on acne and was really impressed how much details they had on things such as D3, Omega 3, Zinc, but also the forms of them and such. Anyone interested in the 1-2 page good read it is at: http://www.greenmountainhealth.com/acne

Before stumbling across the above link, I found out the hard way that synthetic D3 doesn't help with lack of sun for long and regular fish oil pills eventually cause imbalances. I avoid foods high in omega 6, avoid gluten and glucose. Eat tons of salmon and veggies and fruits. I am the healthiest eating of all of my friends and even 'vegan' family members of mine say I am a picky eater.

None of this helped my acne, that is without the use of acne.org products. While I am on the topic, I would like to say that acne.org products are far superior than any washes or creams of moisturizers I have ever used, including prescription, but...

I like to shower and GO. I don't like worrying about a new sweater being bleached because I barely sweat out some BP on it :*(

Every time I try getting off the acne.org products, the healthy eating just isn't enough and about 10 cysts later I'm back on the product.

I'm hoping and praying that this cod liver fish oil / high vitamin butter combo is the trick. From all of my research I know it has to do with my genetics processing even the slightest form of sugar QUICK and too high of a metabolism / lack of sunshine!

I do know that the company mentioned in the posts above has one of, if not the most high quality versions out there. It is important that they ferment it instead of heat flashing it (which removes vit / min) and then adding back synthetic vit/min. This is very important because like I mentioned above, the synthetic D3 and un-balanced and processed fish oils do not do the trick long term!

I know that I am very ango-saxin, although I have some native american and other things in me, but I have noticed that a large majority of 'white' people with severe acne have hormonal imbalances such as myself (I should have mentioned I am bi-polar, I am assuming that is also why the above poster mentioned they cannot take accutane, I cannot either because of this)... the only acne I usually get is cyst around my chin and very slight around nose if I smoke.

I know that my ancestors used this cod liver fish oil religiously and they lived in areas that did not get enough sun and lived on large amounts of omega 3! I also know my ancestors ate butter very similar, because this is the way even The Amish do it now days!

A side note: I know a lot of people here may go either way on this, but if you eat small amounts of cannabis and butter it significantly reduces acne. Well, besides the acne.org products and the products mentioned here, it is by far the best I know of. If you live in a legal state you can dose it so small that you don't get high and work your way up as you build tolerance. This also is the only thing that helps me with my insomnia, sorry but I just don't like holding good information back and this whole thread is full of good information :)

MemberMember
(@freshpowder)

Posted : 01/15/2014 10:37 pm

Ohh I forgot to mention, acne.org jojoba oil is amazing and lasts forever! Not to mention organic!

MemberMember
(@freshpowder)

Posted : 01/15/2014 10:59 pm

Interesting read on fish vitamin d from green pasture company guy's blog: http://www.greenpasture.org/fermented-cod-liver-oil-butter-oil-vitamin-d-vitamin-a/food-chain-as-orgin-of-vitamin-d-in-fish/?back=javascript:history.back();

Sure hope this site allows links. My first time posting here. Hard to share information without :)

MemberMember
(@garrettryan)

Posted : 01/15/2014 11:34 pm

On 1/16/2014 at 11:59 AM, FreshPowder said:

Interesting read on fish vitamin d from green pasture company guy's blog: http://www.greenpasture.org/fermented-cod-liver-oil-butter-oil-vitamin-d-vitamin-a/food-chain-as-orgin-of-vitamin-d-in-fish/?back=javascript:history.back();

Sure hope this site allows links. My first time posting here. Hard to share information without [Edited image out]

As long as it's not directly linked to advertising, or posted to the same blog over and over then we usually allow it. (:

Check out the board rules if you're ever curious about posting! http://www.acne.org/board-rules.html

MemberMember
(@freshpowder)

Posted : 01/15/2014 11:53 pm

Thank you very much! I love it when forums are moderated nicely and have nice guidelines [Edited image out]

Edit: Nice and simple rules BTW :)

MemberMember
(@goddess420)

Posted : 12/29/2018 3:54 am

This stuff works. I take 1 tsp of the plain fermented oil & mix in rice milk every night and swallow it down. My red inflamed chronic cystic acne cleared in 2 weeks and has stayed clear for 2 months now.. its a miracle and I just ordered 2 more bottles cinnamon flavor from the website. Everyone may need a different dose so if its not working, titrate up 1/2 tsp but start small & work your way up.