Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FSAS

Allergic Reaction? What Do You Think?

Basically I've had horrible acne around my mouth and chin for the past month or 2 the only thing that really helped was drying it out with nizoral but the flakey skin is too obvious and make up just wont cover it and looks worse.

my chin area hasnt really gotten any better if not, getting worse its crazy. my forehead is tolerable and it seems like around the jaw/ears and the random cheek pimples go away once my period is over (although always seek revenge).

Could my chin/mouth acne be an allergic reaction to something? I know its associated with hormones the chin and jaw but this is ridiculous, like every single pore on my chin is a pimple, a bump. when i stretch out my chin a bit to inspect closely every pore is a bump or a pimple. theres probably a few hundred small bumps with about 9 pimples and 3 big daddies there. whenever i run my hand over my chin its disgusting, its my entire chin, just under it and lately there was a few below my nose but they have kinda gone just the marks. theres like a cut off point also like the sides of my mouth down to the point of my chin are covered. it definitely isnt getting better.

I covered it with make up this morning because I had to face the world, got home had lunch (our chickens eggs with some turmeric and a bit of black pepper, an hour later i take the make up off my chin and holy cow it like tripled in pimples. the big ones were noticeably huge and there was way more little bumps everywhere. I just put an ice pack on it because my entire chin/mouth area was one big disgusting red shiny bump -_-

i dont know what to do...maybe that was an allergic reaction? i have been eating eggs a lot mainly because our chickens give us like 8+ eggs a day and we need to use them up and they fill me up. I've never had an issue with eggs do you think i may have an allergic reaction? or am i just blessed with a horrible chin ? :/

I have a few pimples around my jaw/ears and my neck and forehead as usual but they arent inflamed so really id be practically 'clear' if it wasnt for the monster I call my chin.

does anyone have any advice :/

i wash with cetaphil and use jojoba oil but thats all

oh man, dealing with all this is horribly emotionally exhausting. every day there is something new -_-

my sister had the audacity to walk into the bathroom the same time i was freaking out going "dont you hate when you get a pimple and make it bleed haha".. her porcelain skin had one tiny, little, little pimple and she made it bleed. one. and my entire half of my face is like a billion blisters -_-

feel like whenever i take a step forward I end up 5 steps back.

is the chin area maybe common for something? like how a lot of people get cysts from citrus.. does anyone have any advice for around my mouth/chin?

*I also changed toothpath to herbal with no chemicals a month ago..didnt make a difference like some people note*

Basically I've had horrible acne around my mouth and chin for the past month or 2 the only thing that really helped was drying it out with nizoral but the flakey skin is too obvious and make up just wont cover it and looks worse.

my chin area hasnt really gotten any better if not, getting worse its crazy. my forehead is tolerable and it seems like around the jaw/ears and the random cheek pimples go away once my period is over (although always seek revenge).

Could my chin/mouth acne be an allergic reaction to something? I know its associated with hormones the chin and jaw but this is ridiculous, like every single pore on my chin is a pimple, a bump. when i stretch out my chin a bit to inspect closely every pore is a bump or a pimple. theres probably a few hundred small bumps with about 9 pimples and 3 big daddies there. whenever i run my hand over my chin its disgusting, its my entire chin, just under it and lately there was a few below my nose but they have kinda gone just the marks. theres like a cut off point also like the sides of my mouth down to the point of my chin are covered. it definitely isnt getting better.

I covered it with make up this morning because I had to face the world, got home had lunch (our chickens eggs with some turmeric and a bit of black pepper, an hour later i take the make up off my chin and holy cow it like tripled in pimples. the big ones were noticeably huge and there was way more little bumps everywhere. I just put an ice pack on it because my entire chin/mouth area was one big disgusting red shiny bump -_-

i dont know what to do...maybe that was an allergic reaction? i have been eating eggs a lot mainly because our chickens give us like 8+ eggs a day and we need to use them up and they fill me up. I've never had an issue with eggs do you think i may have an allergic reaction? or am i just blessed with a horrible chin ? :/

I have a few pimples around my jaw/ears and my neck and forehead as usual but they arent inflamed so really id be practically 'clear' if it wasnt for the monster I call my chin.

does anyone have any advice :/

i wash with cetaphil and use jojoba oil but thats all

oh man, dealing with all this is horribly emotionally exhausting. every day there is something new -_-

my sister had the audacity to walk into the bathroom the same time i was freaking out going "dont you hate when you get a pimple and make it bleed haha".. her porcelain skin had one tiny, little, little pimple and she made it bleed. one. and my entire half of my face is like a billion blisters -_-

feel like whenever i take a step forward I end up 5 steps back.

is the chin area maybe common for something? like how a lot of people get cysts from citrus.. does anyone have any advice for around my mouth/chin?

*I also changed toothpath to herbal with no chemicals a month ago..didnt make a difference like some people note*

Eh, I have the same problem. I have a skull-shape of clear skin that's bordered in acne, no more of jawline kind though. They just moved.

my chin is getting worse every day i swear I just wanna cry. For real there is probably like 300 pimples concentrated on my chin/around my mouth it hurts to even open my mouth whilst the rest of my face is 99% clear its so disgusting it looks like i've been burnt horribly in a fire and my chin is all blistery and red and bumpy :( i dont know whats causing it. and definitely dont know what to do. hasnt been like this since i freaked out last year with acne and switched BC and went on spiro. this chin acne is staying around all month long, god help me if its hormonal :( i wish i understood this.

It does not sound like your usual acne. Have you considered something like Perioral Dermatitis ? Do a Google image search and see if it is similar to what you have. Your make-up could be making it worse.

It does not sound like your usual acne. Have you considered something like Perioral Dermatitis ? Do a Google image search and see if it is similar to what you have. Your make-up could be making it worse.

thanks for your reply.

I looked it up but I've never used cream with steroids in them and my pimples/bumps dont particularly itch which were the main causes/symptoms of it :S

found this sweet little number on google images:

http://www.sclero.org/medical/symptoms/associated/similar/perioral-dermatitis/initial-rash-janey-150x.jpg

looks red where I have red but I usually don't have it. It's been cold/dry here...and no steroid creams to speak of.

http://www.sclero.or...-janey-150x.jpg

looks red where I have red but I usually don't have it. It's been cold/dry here...and no steroid creams to speak of.

hm , i read its quite hard to treat -_- i'm not sure if i have it, im getting a lot of pimples all around my face again and my forehead bumps are turning into pimples. I cant actually believe im getting worse and worse as each day goes past..all because of stopping a little 25mg of spiro (that i didnt take religiously) 4 months ago :S its really hard to keep hope in diet for acne, in my case, I wish it was that simple

http://www.sclero.or...-janey-150x.jpg

hm , i read its quite hard to treat -_- i'm not sure if i have it, im getting a lot of pimples all around my face again and my forehead bumps are turning into pimples. I cant actually believe im getting worse and worse as each day goes past..all because of stopping a little 25mg of spiro (that i didnt take religiously) 4 months ago :S its really hard to keep hope in diet for acne, in my case, I wish it was that simple

I go back and forth in deciding when I see improvement, lately it's been a 'yes'. I think it largely has to do with your perception changing too. If I keep doing what I'm doing I feel like I'll be relatively clear in another two months, maybe less.

It definitely sounds like you could have an allergy/hypersensitivity to eggs (which is not that unusual -- they are a relatively common allergen). I'd bet they are causing or at least exacerbating the acne on your chin... I break out on my chin from eating foods I'm allergic to. Try cutting them out for a few weeks.