Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jakeshake

I'm Finally Going To Do Something About My Skin

It's been years since I tried to get my skin to look great again. I am in my early 50s. I have rosacea and some marks. It's my torment. It's not tormenting me all the time. But when it does, man does it ever! Well I'm not taking it anymore. All I do is ask, ask ask! But I never do! do! do!! Tomorrow I start doing again. I went to get some money out of my money market account so my wife can't nag me about the money I am going to spend. I am going to some skin clinic tomorrow to have them evaluate my skin. Then they are going to give me some sort of facial with the correct lotions or soaps. But I am not going to let up. I'm going to keep at it! I will also ask them about dermarolling or tca crossing: anything that induced collagen. I want to look great again! I remember when I was getting facials on a regular basic, close to 20 years ago, one of my friends told me I looked great! She didn't know I was getting facials. She said man you look great! Her brother said I always looked great. She said, yeah but not like this! LOL Well that's going to happen again. Also, Instead of needing, needing, needing all the time, maybe I can start giving, giving giving! I hope I can. I hope I can help some here. I hope I can be a giver who has had success behind him instead of standing still. I just had to share.

It's been years since I tried to get my skin to look great again. I am in my early 50s. I have rosacea and some marks. It's my torment. It's not tormenting me all the time. But when it does, man does it ever! Well I'm not taking it anymore. All I do is ask, ask ask! But I never do! do! do!! Tomorrow I start doing again. I went to get some money out of my money market account so my wife can't nag me about the money I am going to spend. I am going to some skin clinic tomorrow to have them evaluate my skin. Then they are going to give me some sort of facial with the correct lotions or soaps. But I am not going to let up. I'm going to keep at it! I will also ask them about dermarolling or tca crossing: anything that induced collagen. I want to look great again! I remember when I was getting facials on a regular basic, close to 20 years ago, one of my friends told me I looked great! She didn't know I was getting facials. She said man you look great! Her brother said I always looked great. She said, yeah but not like this! LOL Well that's going to happen again. Also, Instead of needing, needing, needing all the time, maybe I can start giving, giving giving! I hope I can. I hope I can help some here. I hope I can be a giver who has had success behind him instead of standing still. I just had to share.

Try cutting out soy, dairy, gluten, and spiking your blood sugar.

Congrats! That's a really good, pro-active attitude. If I could make a suggestion though- Be wary of skin clinics; make sure they have a good reputation and good success rate. Do they employ dermatologists? Did you get it recommended by someone? The reason I'm saying this is that I don't personally believe you need to spend a lot of money on products to get results- and skin clinics will most probably push their own expensive line of products. There are a lot of good inexpensive products out there if you do your research- and good prescription products that you can only get from a dermatologist. And products can only do so much. Your money might be better spent getting a peel or microdermabrasion done- again, that requires a lot of research to make sure you get a reputable clinic.

I know it's tempting and exciting to go out and and DO something, but maybe step back for a while and do some more research. If you want to do something right away, start eating lots of fruits and vegetables, olive oil and fish. Cut down on sugar and processed foods. That is guaranteed to have a beneficial effect on your health and your skin.

I agree, don't spend your money on a quick fix, your skin is just a projection of what is wrong with your body. Eat better first, and then you can go and touch up on any scars/pigmentation

I agree, don't spend your money on a quick fix, your skin is just a projection of what is wrong with your body. Eat better first, and then you can go and touch up on any scars/pigmentation

Yep, the problem is inside out, not outside in.