Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iwantnormalskin

Introduction **pics Included**

Hello! I have been a reading a lot of posts lately but have never participated in them. I finally decided to open an account because I want a "safe" place to vent about my skin. So I will start with a little bit about myself. I am a 26 year old female and have been suffering from acne for as long as i can remember. I have definetly had my ups and downs with my skin but in the past 7 months or so it has got really bad. Currently I am using 75mg of Spiro daily (I have only been on 3 weeks and he started with 2 weeks of 50mg), Durac in the AM, and Tozarac in the PM. I also recently started to take BCP to see if it will help with my acne as my dermatologist said it is most likely hormonal acne. My acne has always been under the skin cysts on my cheeks with a couple here and there on my chin. My forehead is clear as day. I did take a round of Accutane when I was 16 and it definetly did the trick. I am not at the point where I want to do another round as I want to give the Spiro time to work (the derm said it will take about 2-3 months to see the true effects of it). I should also mention that I have only been on this routine for 3 weeks. I definetly am seeing a difference as far as the oil production and I am not getting as many cysts but I am too impatient and want to see the results NOW. I just want to feel comfortable in my own skin, literally.

I guess for me the emotional/psychological effects have been the worst. I have absolutely no self esteem anymore. I will look at myself in the mirror to put on make up but after that I avoid them like the plague. I make sure to remove my make up in the dark and only after my husband has gone to bed. I do have to admit that I do have an amazing husband who loves me no matter what and trys to make me feel better about it, but I know it is still there. I am hoping to find some type of support here and a place I can come to really get my "acne" feelings out. It is just so hard to vent to people with beautiful skin and I do have to say I have an unhealthy obsession with other peoples clear skin.

If you made it this far, THANK YOU, and please give me your opinion on my acne. What type of acne do you think I have?? Please be honest.

Hopeless girl with bad skin :(

post-162315-0-46761900-1321493841.jpg

post-162315-0-17213500-1321493851.jpg

post-162315-0-46761900-1321493841.jpg

post-162315-0-17213500-1321493851.jpg

Hi! I'm 26 and on Spiro as well. I've been on it nearly 2 years and it has made a significant difference in my skin. I warn you though, that it took longer than 2-3 months to really kick in. I had a couple IBs starting it, but after 6 months the really bad ones subsided. Don't let the breakouts discourage you! I have read logs on here of girls who did not notice any improvement until 8-9 months. Hang in there and be sure to take it consistently, same time everyday. Good luck!! :)