Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AmaraG

Anyone On Here Not Have Acne?

Just wondering, anybody on acne.org not have acne yourself, but either looking up info for a friend/family member or maybe just curious?

i just am curious myself.

Guest pokemonster

if i knew anyone with acne i probably would be kind enough to not butt in their personal buisness and allow them to research and treat their problem on their own rolleyes.gif

I've seen a few people join who are maybe looking for specific advice for their teenage son or daughter, something like that. I think it's pretty good if parents are able to do that and take information on board, and certainly if the person in question has that level of understanding and support from their parent to go with the information as they try to figure out the best way to tackle their skin problems. I do reckon it's all about understanding because there is a lack of it and quite a lot of ignorance out there from people who know nothing of it.

Even if someone comes and has a look around just to get knowledge of skin products and how best to take care of their skin, even if they don't have any issues with the complexion, I think that's good as well. It's important to take care of our skin regardless and I imagine a lot of people assume that if their skin is clear, they don't have a need to wash properly or be kind to it, but that's not true in the long run.

Then of course there are those who stick around after clearing up on the regimen or on Accutane, etc.. Their experience and knowledge is always of great use and the support can be very comforting at times if people feel they really need it. Plus, it's good that those people stay to give something back because I think it gives others hope and lets them know that they can also achieve the results they'd like.

smile.png

Edited by PaulH85

I've been on this website for almost five years, and I do have pretty clear skin now, but I didn't initially. There are a handful of posters who stick around to share their knowledge and experience with others. Acne.org is a great support system no matter what your skin looks like. ^_^

I've seen a few people join who are maybe looking for specific advice for their teenage son or daughter, something like that. I think it's pretty good if parents are able to do that and take information on board, and certainly if the person in question has that level of understanding and support from their parent to go with the information as they try to figure out the best way to tackle their skin problems. I do reckon it's all about understanding because there is a lack of it and quite a lot of ignorance out there from people who know nothing of it.

Even if someone comes and has a look around just to get knowledge of skin products and how best to take care of their skin, even if they don't have any issues with the complexion, I think that's good as well. It's important to take care of our skin regardless and I imagine a lot of people assume that if their skin is clear, they don't have a need to wash properly or be kind to it, but that's not true in the long run.

Then of course there are those who stick around after clearing up on the regimen or on Accutane, etc.. Their experience and knowledge is always of great use and the support can be very comforting at times if people feel they really need it. Plus, it's good that those people stay to give something back because I think it gives others hope and lets them know that they can also achieve the results they'd like.

smile.png

smile.png

agreed

I don't anymore since starting Accutane, but I still hang around because I'm really hard to get rid of. :D

I also like to update my log and try to help people out where I can who are either also on Accutane or are using products I used to use and have questions about them. nod.gif I think it's just nice to be there for people and genuinely want to help them. There are a lot of antagonists here who seem to hang around so they can react negatively to everything that gets posted. I think everybody really just wants to be heard.

I also dig the Lounge and talking about crap. :P