Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nightlight22

Retin-A Micro To Differin...help Please!

I've been on Retin-a Micro for about 2 months now and I went to my dermatologist today. My skin has improved and is smoother after long weeks of horrible breakouts but I still have moderate acne and I'm not too impressed by they results.My derm decided to put me on Differin gel and honestly im scared to use it because ive heard it has an initial breakout, and after my last initial breakout I never want to go through that again. Since I'm currently on Retin-a micro should I stick with it even though the result aren't impressing me or go on Differin? Will i still get a terrible initial breakout even though i've been on Retin-a Micro for two months? I honestly don't want my skin to get worse....I'm so sick of having acne that it breaks my heart to look in the mirror.

I used retina a micro when I was 16 yrs old and I loved the results that I had with it :) what percentage are u using? this is my 2 time on RAM and I hate the fact that I had an IB with it when at 16 I never had one. I dont know if u would break out again so I am bo help there but you should stick to the RAM its totally worth it. I quit after a year because my skin was completely clear but what I didn't like was how pale I looked compare to my body. I was clear for 4yrs it was amazing....

Thanks for replying I'm using .4%, and I'm glad to hear your skin cleared up. How long did it take you to get good results?

Edited by Nightlight22

my skin still isnt clear I had a bad break out in august my main reason why I started using RAM again, I cleared up when I was 16 yrs old now I am 22. I have been on it for 2 month exact today. I have a lot of marks and some active pimples from the IB of ram. Have u tried increasing the dosage to 1%? I know how hard it is to stick to such a strong medication like ram. I almost quit about like 1,000 times lol. but I stayed strong and I hope I get the same results again....